Allahabad Bank net up 55.8 percent in fourth quarterMay 4th, 2009 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 4 (IANS) State-run lender Allahabad Bank Monday reported a net profit of Rs.264.09 crore in the fourth quarter of 2008-09 as against Rs.169.51 crore in the like period last fiscal, a rise of 55.8 percent.
However, the bank’s yearly profit fell 21 percent last fiscal.
“Net profit of the financial year 2008-09 stood at Rs.768.6 crore as against Rs.974.74 crore a year before on account of higher provisioning for investment depreciation and income tax,” K.R. Kamath, chairman and managing director of the bank, told reporters.
The net interest margin (NIM) for 2008-09 increased to 2.88 percent from 2.61 percent. NIM for the fourth quarter was at 2.97 percent, up from 2.32 percent a year ago.
Net non-performing asset (NPA) of the bank in March 2009 was at 0.72 percent, comparing to 0.8 percent in March 2008.
“We are looking at a 20 percent growth in total business in the current year. We are targeting Rs.175,000 crore business by March 2010,” Kamath said.
Of the Rs.175,000 crore, the bank is targeting Rs.100,003 crore from deposits and Rs.72,000 crore from advances, he said.
The city-based bank has a headroom to raise Rs.2,900 crore this fiscal, said Kamath, adding: “We don’t need funds urgently but may raise some if it’s available at a cheaper rate than what it is possible now.”
He ruled out possibilities of slashing interest or deposit rates shortly.
- Allahabad Bank eyes 18 percent deposit, credit growth - Jun 15, 2009
- Vijaya Bank net zooms 235 percent in Q4 - Apr 30, 2012
- Allahabad Bank net profit up 700 percent in Q2 - Oct 22, 2009
- Allahabad Bank reports 55 percent rise in Q4 net profit - May 05, 2012
- South Indian Bank net profit up by 20 percent - Apr 30, 2010
- Oriental Bank of Commerce Q4 net rises 75 percent - Apr 29, 2010
- Allahabad Bank's Q1 profit zooms 224 percent - Jul 18, 2009
- UCO Bank Q1 net profit up 12.42 percent - Jul 27, 2011
- Indian Bank posts 13 percent growth in net profit - Jul 23, 2012
- Huge jump in Indian Bank's NPA - May 11, 2012
- State Bank of Mysore net up 32 percent in fiscal 2010 - Apr 21, 2010
- United Bank's net up by 13.7 percent in Q2 - Oct 31, 2011
- UCO Bank net up by 12 percent in Q4 - May 05, 2012
- United Bank of India's Q3 net up by 38.5 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- UCO Bank's net up by 94.12 percent in Q2 - Oct 31, 2011