All Jharkhand panchayats to be e-connected: MundaSeptember 14th, 2011 - 5:57 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Sep 14 (IANS) Chief Minister Arjun Munda Wednesday said all the 4,500 panchayats in Jharkhand will be connected through an electronic delivery system and the state would also be a power hub by the end of next year.
“We have started e-district services in Kake block of Ranchi Tuesday. Now any person can apply any application and he or she will get the certificate online,” Munda told reporters at a press conference here Tuesday.
“The service is provided under the Jharkhand Electronic Services Delivery Act, 2011, passed by the assembly in monsoon session,” said Munda, who convened the press meet to enumerate the achievement of his government in the past year.
Munda completed one year in office Sunday.
“All the 4,500 panchayats of the state will be connected through e-district scheme. In every panchayat, we have opened Pragya Kendra where computers have been provided. Now people will get different forms of certificates issued by the state government in a stipulated period of time as we have also passed the right to service bill in the monsoon session.”
Munda said, “We held panchayat polls after 32 years, we have launched a campaign against corruption and given sanction for prosecution of more than 300 officials. We successfully conducted the 34th National Games, passed the Right to Service Act, Electronic Delivery Act, 2011, and launched the meal at Rs.5 scheme for poor people.”
“Jharkhand will become a power hub by the end of 2012. We are planning to start power plants in joint venture with power companies. By the end of 2012, Jharkhand will produce around 4,000 MW of power.”
“We have moved forward in some work and there is a need to work in sectors we have not moved much,” said Munda.
Munda said the central government “should provide us additional assistance for construction of roads in the form of a special package for road construction”.
- Jharkhand plans to give rural families power-saver CFLs - Jul 25, 2011
- Jharkhand to introduce right to service act - Aug 15, 2011
- Jharkhand's 12th year to be woman empowerment year: Munda - Nov 15, 2011
- Jharkhand to make law to seize corrupt officers' properties - Apr 28, 2012
- Munda completes one year amid political turbulence - Sep 11, 2011
- Jharkhand not utilising development funds: Ramesh - Oct 08, 2011
- No discrimination against Jharkhand: Jairam Ramesh - Oct 09, 2011
- Will strengthen rural bodies first, industrialisation later: Jharkhand CM (Interview) - Dec 23, 2010
- Munda focuses on governance, power on R-Day - Jan 26, 2011
- Jharkhand poised for higher industrial growth: Munda - Jan 09, 2012
- Jharkhand Citizen's Charter from Nov 15: Munda - Oct 12, 2011
- Jharkhand launches Rs.5-lunch for poor on I-Day - Aug 15, 2011
- Jharkhand cabinet approves right to service act - Aug 24, 2011
- 'Make iron ore available for local industries' - Mar 19, 2012
- Munda faces tough by-poll as campaigning ends - Feb 08, 2011
Tags: central government, chief minister, corruption, electronic delivery system, electronic services delivery, joint venture, kendra, monsoon session, munda, mw, national games, panchayat, panchayats, period of time, power plants, prosecution, road construction, sanction, service act, state government