Aligarh Muslim University to run Islamic insurance courseJuly 31st, 2008 - 5:04 pm ICT by IANS
Aligarh, July 31 (IANS) Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), which has decided to introduce a course in Islamic banking from the next academic session, will also offer separate courses in Islamic insurance and finance, a university official said Thursday. “The varsity intends to start these courses to cater to the ever increasing demand for trained personnel in Islamic insurance and finance sectors,” AMU spokesperson Rahat Abrar told IANS.
The Islamic insurance course will be a diploma course, while Islamic finance will be a two-year masters programme, he added.
The two courses have been recommended by a three-member committee appointed by AMU Vice Chancellor P.K. Abdul Azis to work out the feasibility of offering courses on Islamic banking including the possibility of establishing a new department dedicated to the subject, the official said.
For preparing the syllabi of courses in Islamic banking, finance and insurance, the committee consulted experts from Harvard University’s Islamic Forum, University of Durham in Britain, the National Commercial Bank of Saudi Arabia and several other institutions, the official added.
- Bihar transfers land for AMU centre - Dec 30, 2011
- Website with 'largest digitization work' launched at AMU - Apr 30, 2010
- AMU to start religious counselling for students - Mar 29, 2010
- AMU seeks help against radioactive source - Jul 05, 2010
- AMU signs MoU with George Washington University - Feb 17, 2010
- Shah Rukh Khan to visit Aligarh Muslim University - Jan 19, 2010
- AMU committee to identify courses for new campuses - Oct 07, 2009
- AMU founder's 113th death anniversary observed - Mar 27, 2011
- Aligarh university shuts in the wake of violence - Oct 30, 2009
- AMU to have 250-acre branch in Bihar - Nov 14, 2009
- Bihar offers land for AMU centre - May 27, 2011
- Students' stir disrupts exams in Aligarh university - Mar 23, 2011
- Aligarh university closed after violence - Apr 30, 2011
- Bangladesh seeks synergy with Aligarh Muslim university (With Image) - Mar 13, 2011
- AMU students' union election results declared - Dec 11, 2011
Tags: academic session, aligarh muslim university, amu, diploma course, feasibility, finance sectors, harvard university, insurance course, islamic banking, islamic finance, islamic forum, islamic insurance, masters, member committee, saudi arabia, spokesperson, syllabi, university of durham, varsity, vice chancellor