Alappuzha to get Rs.400 crore central assistanceSeptember 2nd, 2011 - 5:49 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Sep 2 (IANS) The centre will provide Rs.400 crore to boost tourism in Alappuzha district of Kerala, state Tourism Minister A.P. Anil Kumar said Friday.
The first Rs.50 crore would include the creation of a backwater circuit to be completed in two years, said the minister in a press release issued here.
“New shopping centres, handicraft stalls, restaurants and live performances of traditional art forms will give a real feeling of Kerala culture and cuisine to the visitors,” said Kumar.
The new facilities will be developed on a public-private partnership mode.
The assistance would also be used to develop new tourist spots from Aroor to Kayamkulam and is expected to benefit 58 panchayats and three municipalities.
- Brand Kerala shines at Spanish tourism fair - Jan 24, 2012
- Kerala pavilion wins award at London travel mart - Nov 10, 2011
- Nehru Boat Race to herald Kerala's new tourist season - Aug 04, 2012
- Chandy to unveil campaign on Bekal Fort May 10 - May 03, 2012
- F1 race track in Kerala will boost tourism: Narain Karthikeyan (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Kovalam to get massive makeover - Sep 29, 2011
- Kerala open to setting up motor racetrack - Apr 26, 2012
- UP invites investment for Lucknow IT park - Jun 14, 2012
- Kerala Tourism to hold first-ever road show in Saudi Arabia - May 04, 2012
- Kerala ready to manage its garbage - Oct 01, 2011
- Kerala records rise in tourist arrivals - Jan 19, 2012
- Set up land bank for tourism projects, Sahay tells Kerala - Aug 20, 2011
- Kerala five-star hotel has no water line for eight years - Jul 19, 2011
- Houseboat business struggles to stay afloat (Kerala Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- Package to develop Kuttanad launched - Sep 05, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,