Al Jazeera Park closed for makeoverJuly 15th, 2012 - 1:27 am ICT by IANS
Sharjah, July 14 (IANS/WAM) Al Jazeera Park has been closed to the public as it is set to undergo a makeover as part of a comprehensive plan to develop the park, according to the Sharjah Investment and Development Authority (Shurooq).
Shurooq, the supervisory body for the park’s development, is currently following up the final procedures for the project. It will reveal the details of the development plan in a press conference to be held soon.
The move comes in line with Shurooq’s strategy to develop the emirate of Sharjah as a whole, and tourist establishments in particular, with the aim of stimulating the tourism sector and upgrade its role in transforming the Emirate into a regional attraction centre.
- Sharjah marks International Museums Day - May 20, 2012
- Sharjah Light Festival 2012 to begin Thursday - Feb 09, 2012
- UAE, UNESCO sign educational agreement - Sep 08, 2012
- Carnival to mark Sharjah ruler's recovery - Jan 12, 2012
- Sharjah taxi owners to get $1.3 billion bonus - Jul 17, 2012
- UAE, Tunisia discuss educational cooperation - May 09, 2012
- Tourism sector in Sharjah witnesses impressive growth - Jun 06, 2011
- UAE, Egypt sign deal for heart surgery centre - Jul 31, 2012
- UAE, Lithuania to tighten economic ties - May 08, 2012
- Sharjah launches taxi service for disabled - Sep 08, 2012
- UAE, Belarus discuss bilateral cooperation - Feb 22, 2012
- Lights festival begins in UAE - Feb 10, 2011
- UAE to adopt new strategy for island issues - Apr 22, 2012
- Sharjah to conduct survey of heritage area - Jan 19, 2012
- Sharjah bank launches training programme - Jul 15, 2012