Akhilesh lays foundation of 1,980 MW power plantJune 12th, 2012 - 1:26 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 11 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday laid the foundation stone of 1,980 MW capacity thermal power plant in the state’s Kanpur district.
The project, at Ghatampur in the district, is a joint collaboration between Neyvelli Lignite Corporation (NLC) and Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam (UPRVUN).
Addressing a rally at the venue, the chief minister said his government was committed to improving the power scenario in the state.
He said without the availability of adequate power supply in the state, all-round development was extremely difficult. Industrial, social and financial development was only possible when power supply was in good measure, he added.
Ahilesh also assured that the state government would do all it could to increase power availibility so as to ensure that development reaches all strata of the society.
The chief minister also said that more compensation would be given to farmers whose lands had been acquired by the project and it would be ensured that they were given employment on priority basis.
The chief guest, Union Coal Minister Shri Prakash Jaiswal said that the central government was committed to providing coal blocks and coal linkages for thermal power plants.
Jaiswal further said that by the year 2015, the plant would be in a position to ensure that power crisis in Ghatampur, its nearby areas and Bundelkhand were met.
- Tamil Nadu demands full quota of coal for power units - Jul 09, 2011
- Karnataka ties up for 1,000 MW power from NTPC, Neyveli - Jan 04, 2011
- Akhilesh writes to PM on power project delays - Aug 31, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite Corp to add 1,000 MW this fiscal - May 28, 2012
- Government assures availability of coal to power plants - Oct 13, 2011
- Neyveli Lignite to go alone on Gujarat power project - May 27, 2011
- Karnataka seeks more coal, power to stave off crisis - Oct 08, 2011
- New thermal station in UP starts generation - Jul 07, 2012
- Raja seeks coal minister's intervention to end NLC strike - Jul 01, 2010
- Ban non-coal activity in coal belts: Minister - Feb 04, 2011
- Yeddyurappa-led delegation meets Jaiswal, demands more coal linkages for Karnataka - Mar 22, 2011
- Coal block auctioning to begin in two months: Jaiswal - Jun 08, 2012
- Massive power cuts in Karnataka, Bangalore spared - Oct 10, 2011
- Private power producers apprise government of their woes - Jan 18, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh to add 500 MW of power by June - May 17, 2012
Tags: adequate power, availibility, bundelkhand, central government, chief guest, chief minister, foundation stone, good measure, jaiswal, kanpur, nearby areas, nlc, power crisis, power scenario, prakash, priority basis, shri, thermal power plant, thermal power plants, yadav