Airtel to ring iPhone4’s tune in SeptemberJuly 19th, 2010 - 6:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 19 (IANS) The much hyped iPhone 4 would soon hit the Indian mobile market if all goes well between the country’s largest telecom operator, Bharti Airtel, and the handset maker, Apple.
“We are working with Apple…hopefully in the September-October time frame we would launch the phone,” Sanjay Kapoor, chief executive of Bharti Airtel (India and South Asia), told reporters on the sidelines of a CII conference.
On the rollout of Broadband Wireless Access services in four circles — Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kolkata and Punjab — which it bagged for Rs.3,314.36 crore, Kapoor said they were still to decide on the technology that will be used.
“BWA has certain choices and we are looking at options and hopefully in few weeks we will be able to finalise that.”
Airtel, which won 13 circles in the auction of airwaves for third generation (3G) telephony spectrum, shelling out Rs.12,295.46 crore ($2.73 billion), has also started gearing up its network to enable a quicker rollout of such services.
“As far as 3G is concerned, a very large amount of the network is 3G ready. We are working towards an aggressive timeline,” said Kapoor.
- Bharti Airtel to launch 4G services in Kolkata - Apr 03, 2012
- Airtel launches 4G services in Kolkata, first in India - Apr 10, 2012
- Sibal launches 4G, admits 3G has 'not successful' (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Sibal to launch Bharti Airtel's 4G services Tuesday - Apr 09, 2012
- Huawei to manage Bharti Airtel's 4G network in Karnataka - May 01, 2012
- Bharti Airtel launches 4G services in Bangalore - May 07, 2012
- India reaps billions from BWA auction, biggies stay away (Lead) - Jun 11, 2010
- RCom pays $1.91 billion towards 3G spectrum - May 31, 2010
- TRAI quizzes telcos on tariff hike - Aug 25, 2011
- 3G spectrum shortage, auction format were hurdles: Airtel - May 19, 2010
- Bharti Airtel buys 49 percent of Qualcomm's India business - May 24, 2012
- Idea, Vodafone end one paisa tariff - Jul 28, 2011
- Reliance, Bharti, Aircel bag bulk of 3G telecom circles - May 19, 2010
- Government kitty swells $15 bn as telcos pay for 3G spectrum - May 31, 2010
- Airtel unveils 4G service in Bangalore - May 07, 2012
Tags: access services, bharti airtel india, broadband wireless, chief executive, circles, crore, hyped, india and south asia, iphone, kolkata, mobile market, New Delhi, punjab, rollout, sanjay kapoor, sidelines, telecom operator, third generation, time frame, wireless access