Airtel slashes 3G data tariff by 70 percentMay 17th, 2012 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 17 (IANS) Telecom service provider Bharti Airtel Thursday slashed 3G data tariff by up to 70 percent in order to drive demand.
“Volume based browsing rate on 3G down from 10 paisa per 10kb to 3 paisa per 10kb. This will be applicable for 3G non-pack users with effect from May 17, 2012,” the company said in a statement.
The company had won 3G spectrum in 13 out of the 22 telecom circles in a government-led auction in 2010 for over Rs.12,000 crore. The services which were launched across the country last year have failed to pick up so far due to high prices.
The company statement said that the new data plan for pre-paid customers would start at Rs.10 for 30 minutes of usage over a one-day validity, Rs.45 for 150 MB data valid for 7 days and will go till Rs.1,500 for 10 GB data valid for 30 days.
For post-paid customers, the plans starts at Rs.100 with a 300 MB data and 30 days validity, and goes till Rs.1,500 for 10 GB data valid for 30 days.
Airtel has also introduced Smartbytes additional data usage packs for its post-paid mobile customers on 3G, thus becoming the first in the market to offer customers with the choice of subscribing to incremental 3G data usage packs.
The Smartbytes additional data usage packs are available in a range of predetermined price options that allow Airtel 3G customers to choose a plan that suits their needs, while avoiding any bill shocks, the statement said.
- Idea Cellular slashes 3G tariffs by 70 percent - May 22, 2012
- Reliance triples data download limit for 3G subscribers in festival offer - Sep 09, 2011
- Bharti Airtel launches 4G services in Bangalore - May 07, 2012
- Bharti Airtel is not a price point player in 3G service (Repeating for all needing) - Jan 28, 2011
- Matrix offers 30 min free calling to India from US, Britain - Aug 13, 2012
- Bharti Airtel launches navigation application - Sep 12, 2012
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- Bharti Airtel launches 3G services in Karnataka - Jan 24, 2011
- Tata Docomo launches 3G tariff packages - Nov 09, 2010
- Bharti Airtel launches 3G service in Delhi circle - Mar 03, 2011
- Vodafone hikes call tariff for post-paid customers in Mumbai by 20 percent - May 01, 2012
- Reliance Communications launches new prepaid scheme in Delhi - Dec 14, 2011
- MTS crosses 10 million customers, re-brands itself - Mar 15, 2011
- Airtel Nigeria most innovative company of the year - Sep 10, 2012
- Reliance Communications launches 3G tablet - Aug 09, 2011