Airtel posts 25 percent cash profit growth in last quarterApril 29th, 2009 - 11:59 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 29 (IANS) Telecom company Bharti Airtel Wednesday reported an increase of 25 percent to Rs.3,788 crore (Rs.38 billion/$754 million) in cash profit from operations for the quarter ended March 31, 2009.
The cash profit from operations during the same period in the previous fiscal had been Rs.3,036 crore (Rs.30 billion).
The net income grew by 21 percent to Rs.2,239 crore (Rs.22 billion) for the last quarter this fiscal compared to Rs.1,853 crore (Rs.19 billion) for the corresponding period previous year.
Similarly, the cash profit from operations rose 26 percent to Rs.14,007 crore (Rs.140 billion) for the year ending March 2009 compared to Rs.11,137 crore (Rs.111 billion) for the same period last year.
The net income increased to Rs.8,470 crore (Rs.85 billion) for the fiscal that ended March 2009 compared to Rs.6,701 crore (Rs.67 billion) reported for the last financial year.
Airtel reported 96.6 million subscribers as on March 31, 2009, an increase in the total subscriber base of 50 percent over the same date last year.
- Canara Bank Q2 profit up 11 percent to Rs.1,007.9 crore - Oct 20, 2010
- United Bank Q1 net up by 31 percent - Aug 03, 2012
- Dr. Reddy's Lab Q4 net profit down 34 percent - May 13, 2011
- Reliance Capital nets 329 crore profit in Jan-March quarter - May 19, 2012
- Indian Bank posts 13 percent growth in net profit - Jul 23, 2012
- Jet Airway's Q3 net profit up 11 percent - Feb 03, 2011
- Bharti Airtel Q2 net profit declines 38 percent - Nov 04, 2011
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- UCO Bank's Q3 net jumps 10 percent (Second Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Punjab National Bank quarterly net profit rises - May 04, 2011
- Tata Steel Q4 net slips about 90 percent - May 18, 2012
- Cheap call rates eat into Bharti Airtel profits - Apr 28, 2010
- Reliance Industries Q1 net profit declines 21 percent - Jul 20, 2012
- Indian Oil posts Rs.12,670 crore quarterly net profit - May 28, 2012
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent - Apr 20, 2012
Tags: 6 million, airtel, april 29, cash profit, last quarter, million subscribers, net income, New Delhi, previous year, profit growth, quarter ended march, rs 1, rs 2, rs 6, rs 8, subscriber base, telecom company, year ending march