Airtel gets notice over mobile phone towers in south DelhiApril 28th, 2009 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 28 (IANS) Mobile telephony major Airtel Tuesday got a notice from the Delhi High Court after a group of residents from south Delhi objected to the signal towers it has installed in their neighbourhood.
Justice Ravinder Bhat issued the notice after hearing the plea of Sonia Singh, a resident of Nehru Enclave, Kalkaji, and other residents who have opposed the installation of mobile phone towers above their houses.
Seeking removal of the towers, the residents in their plea have argued that radiations coming from the mobile towers are not good for the health of children and pregnant women.
“The generators installed along with these towers create noise, which leads to hypertension among senior citizens,” the petitioners’ counsel M.S. Ahluwalia told the bench.
After hearing the arguments, the court asked the telecom company to respond by July 20 and also directed it to stop installing any more mobile towers till the next hearing.
- Central, Delhi governments get notice on mobile phone towers - Aug 01, 2012
- Notice to governments on mobile phone towers - Jul 23, 2012
- No CBI probe into Mumbai triple blasts: Supreme Court (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Mobile towers impacting biological systems of birds: Study - Oct 12, 2011
- Apex court shield against arrest for Mumbai blasts' suspect - Feb 14, 2012
- Fear of mobile tower radiation grips Delhi area - Jun 12, 2010
- Court notice to Metro over elevated track in south Delhi - Jul 29, 2009
- Apex court asks CBI to reply to Vectra chief's plea (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Trace ex-armyman, seize revolver, court tells cops (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- No 'conclusive study' to link cellular tower radiation with cancer: Medical experts - May 22, 2012
- Noisy planes will not be allowed in Delhi, DGCA tells court - Jun 03, 2010
- Mobile phone towers in Chandigarh homes to stay, for now (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Dikshit, DJB officers issued notice on water meters - Jun 04, 2012
- Petitioners claim apex court was misled on next army chief - May 29, 2012
- IIT experts to help cut noise near Delhi Airport - Sep 21, 2011
Tags: ahluwalia, bhat, delhi high court, enclave, hypertension, kalkaji, mobile phone towers, mobile telephony, mobile towers, nehru, neighbourhood, plea, pregnant women, radiations, ravinder, senior citizens, signal towers, sonia singh, south delhi, telecom company