Airtel brings HTC Magic to IndiaJune 23rd, 2009 - 6:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 23 (IANS) Taiwanese handset major HTC Corp, in collaboration with Bharti Airtel, Tuesday launched HTC Magic, India’s first smartphone that will run on Google’s Android operating system.
The device is priced at Rs.29,900 and will be available in Airtel relationship centres and authorised HTC resellers in 17 cities.
Android is an open-source platform running on the Linux operating system, which will provide users with a broad spectrum of mobile applications and services.
“The HTC Magic presents a powerful mobile Internet and multimedia experience that should drive the uptake of accessing the Internet over mobile amongst Airtel users,” said Raghunath Mandava, chief marketing officer (mobile services) of Bharti Airtel.
Airtel customers can avail many utility-based applications such as portfolio manager, hello tune manager, weather channel, in-mobile search and city search on the HTC Magic, a company statement said.
HTC Magic will provide free 100 MB monthly download for Airtel customers for a period of six months.
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- Indian handsets market reports 5 percent drop in revenues - Jul 09, 2012
- HTC launches Sensation smartphone in India - Jun 16, 2011
- Google opens online store for Android users - Feb 03, 2011
- Airtel slashes 3G data tariff by 70 percent - May 17, 2012
- Reliance Communications unveils first CDMA tablet - Mar 12, 2012
- Facebook is partnering with HTC for a Smartphone - Nov 22, 2011
- Airtel to re-structure India, South Asia operations - Jul 07, 2011
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- Idea Cellular slashes 3G tariffs by 70 percent - May 22, 2012
- Bharti Airtel forays into mobile advertising segment - May 27, 2012
- Tata Docomo, Samsung launch Android phone - Sep 23, 2009
- Airtel offers free Twitter service till March 1 - Dec 01, 2011
- Facebook 'working on phone with HTC' - Jul 27, 2012
- Verizon Gears Up To Sell Google Nexus One - Jan 06, 2010
Tags: android, bharti airtel, broad spectrum, chief marketing, city search, free 100 mb, google, linux operating system, magic india, mobile applications, mobile internet, mobile search, mobile services, multimedia experience, New Delhi, open source platform, portfolio manager, smartphone, taiwanese, weather channel