Airport Metro to run on DiwaliOctober 25th, 2011 - 7:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 25 (IANS) The swanky high-speed Airport Metro Express will not curtail its services on Diwali Wednesday, an official said.
“The Airport Metro trains will operate as per their original schedule from 5.30 a.m to 11.30 p.m.,” a Reliance Infrastructure official said.
The Reliance Infrastructure-led consortium which runs the 20 km Metro line is expecting a huge rush on the festival day.
“We are not curtailing our operations as we are expecting a huge rush, as many people who are planning to spend Diwali and the long weekend with their families will go to the airport and even outstation passengers will return to city,” the official said.
According to the official, the daily ridership of the Airport Metro has gone up from 4,000 to 18,000 in the last six months.
Built at a cost of Rs.5,700 crore, the Airport Express line has six stations — New Delhi Railway Station, Shivaji Stadium, Dhaula Kuan, Delhi Aero City, Indira Gandhi International Airport and Dwarka Sec-21.
Delhi Metro is responsible for the civil work and Reliance Infrastructure will operate the line for 30 years and share the revenues.
- Airport Metro offers discount on Guru Purab - Nov 09, 2011
- Airport Metro increases frequency during peak hours - Aug 05, 2011
- 15,000 people daily travel on airport Metro - Sep 11, 2011
- Airport Metro offers discount this weekend - Dec 08, 2011
- Airport Metro's two new stations open Monday - Aug 15, 2011
- Multi-level car parking for Airport Metro commuters - Feb 06, 2012
- Airport Metro line services suspended from Sunday - Jul 07, 2012
- Airport Metro introduces new fare payment card - Aug 18, 2011
- From railway station to airport in 20 minutes! - Feb 22, 2011
- Airport Metro feeder bus service from Wednesday - Sep 13, 2011
- Airport Metro open to filmmakers - Oct 19, 2011
- Delhi Airport Metro Express lines to open at 2 p.m. - Feb 23, 2011
- Airport Metro goes hi-tech with wi-fi connectivity - Jan 12, 2012
- 9,000 people travel on Airport Metro daily - May 04, 2011
- Delhi Metro's airport line extends its radio cab service - Jan 07, 2012
Tags: aero, airport express, consortium, delhi metro, dhaula kuan, diwali, dwarka, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, infrastructure, metro express, metro line, metro trains, New Delhi, railway station, reliance, ridership, rush, shivaji, six months