Airport Metro to accept payment by cardSeptember 22nd, 2011 - 4:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 22 (IANS) Credit and debit cards will be accepted at the ticket counters of the 23-km Airport Metro Express Line from Friday.
“Two swiping machines at each of the six metro stations will be operational from Friday,” a Delhi Airport Metro Express Pvt Ltd (DAMEPL) official said.
“The counters will accept cards of any Indian bank — like Visa, Master and Maestro — for travel tokens and travel card top-ups,” he said. “The minimum transaction will be for Rs.100 and maximum travel card recharge value will be Rs.1,000.
“This facility will provide (commuters) freedom from carrying currency, save hassles of change and availability of transaction receipts,” the official said.
Built at a cost of Rs.5,700 crore, the high-speed Airport Express line has six stations: New Delhi Railway Station, Shivaji Stadium, Dhaula Kuan, Delhi Aero City, Indira Gandhi International Airport and Dwarka Sector 21.
- Airport Metro introduces new fare payment card - Aug 18, 2011
- 15,000 people daily travel on airport Metro - Sep 11, 2011
- From railway station to airport in 20 minutes! - Feb 22, 2011
- Delhi Metro airport line set to commence - Feb 23, 2011
- Airport Metro offers discount this weekend - Dec 08, 2011
- Airport Metro offers discount on Guru Purab - Nov 09, 2011
- Airport Metro feeder bus service from Wednesday - Sep 13, 2011
- Delhi Airport Metro Express lines to open at 2 p.m. - Feb 23, 2011
- Airport Metro increases frequency during peak hours - Aug 05, 2011
- 9,000 people travel on Airport Metro daily - May 04, 2011
- Multi-level car parking for Airport Metro commuters - Feb 06, 2012
- Airport Metro goes hi-tech with wi-fi connectivity - Jan 12, 2012
- Airport Metro to run on Diwali - Oct 25, 2011
- Delhi Metro airport line off to a flying start (Lead) - Feb 23, 2011
- Delhi Metro's airport line extends its radio cab service - Jan 07, 2012
Tags: airport express, commuters, debit cards, delhi airport, dhaula kuan, dwarka, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, maximum travel, metro express, metro stations, minimum transaction, pvt ltd, railway station, rs 1, shivaji, ticket counters, travel card, ups, visa master