Airport Metro opens postal service counterApril 26th, 2012 - 8:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 26 (IANS) The swanky high-speed Airport Metro has opened a counter at its New Delhi station to offer postal services, an official said Thursday.
“The commuters of the AMEL (Airport Metro Express Line) can avail postal services at the New Delhi Metro station, the post office will offer basic services like speed post, e-post, express parcel, registered post, postal stamps and revenue stamps on all working days from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.,” a Reliance Infrastructure spokesperson said.
Both commuters and non-commuters would be allowed to use the postal service. There would be no charge for accessing the post counter.
“We keep adding facilities and services for the benefit of commuters. Start of postal service at New Delhi station is a step in that direction. Now commuters can save on their time for postal works and avail the service while travelling by the airport line Metro,” the spokesperson said.
The 23-km Airport Metro Express, with six stations, connects the New Delhi Railway Station with the Indira Gandhi International Airport in 18 minutes.
- Multi-level car parking for Airport Metro commuters - Feb 06, 2012
- Delhi University forms available at Airport Metro counter - Jun 09, 2012
- Airport Metro starts cloak-room service - Feb 28, 2012
- Airport Metro goes hi-tech with wi-fi connectivity - Jan 12, 2012
- Delhi Tourism sets up kiosks at two Airport Metro stations - Mar 15, 2012
- Airport Metro offers discount this weekend - Dec 08, 2011
- Airport Metro offers discount on Guru Purab - Nov 09, 2011
- Airport Metro offers bouquet of mobile phone links - Apr 30, 2012
- Delhi Metro's airport line extends its radio cab service - Jan 07, 2012
- Govt. committed to make postal services more people friendly: Sibal - Mar 09, 2011
- Airport Metro feeder bus service from Wednesday - Sep 13, 2011
- Airport Metro to accept payment by card - Sep 22, 2011
- Now, transact postal business online - Mar 09, 2011
- Airport Metro to run on Diwali - Oct 25, 2011
- Airport Metro offers discounted fares on Good Friday, Easter - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: amel, commuters, delhi station, high speed, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, infrastructure, line metro, metro express, metro station, new delhi metro, post express, post office, postal service, postal services, postal stamps, railway station, reliance, revenue stamps, spokesperson