Airport Metro introduces new fare payment cardAugust 18th, 2011 - 5:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 18 (IANS) In order to facilitate the infrequent riders, the Delhi Airport Metro Thursday introduced a new fare payment smart card called ‘Chhota Card’, offering discounts and a validity of one month, an official said.
“The ‘Chhota Card’ comes with a validity of one month from the date of charging and it aims to cater to the less frequent travellers. The card will be priced at 25 percent discounted rate from the existing daily token,” a Delhi Airport Metro Express Private Limited official said.
“The minimum monthly recharge will be Rs.150 and the maximum will be Rs.750 for 10 trips, depending upon the boarding and de-boarding stations of a passenger,” the official said.
A Reliance Infrastructure-led consortium operates the 23-km Airport Metro, built at a cost of Rs.5,700 crore.
The line has six stations - New Delhi Railway Station, Shivaji Stadium, Dhaula Kuan, Aerocity, Indira Gandhi International Airport and Dwarka Sector-21.
Delhi Metro was responsible for the civil work on the line and Reliance Infrastructure would operate the line for 30 years and share the revenues.
- Airport Metro's two new stations open Monday - Aug 15, 2011
- Airport Metro offers discount on Guru Purab - Nov 09, 2011
- Airport Metro offers discount this weekend - Dec 08, 2011
- Delhi Metro's airport line extends its radio cab service - Jan 07, 2012
- Airport Metro to run on Diwali - Oct 25, 2011
- Airport Metro open to filmmakers - Oct 19, 2011
- Airport Metro increases frequency during peak hours - Aug 05, 2011
- Multi-level car parking for Airport Metro commuters - Feb 06, 2012
- Airport Metro to accept payment by card - Sep 22, 2011
- 15,000 people daily travel on airport Metro - Sep 11, 2011
- Airport Metro line services suspended from Sunday - Jul 07, 2012
- Airport Metro goes hi-tech with wi-fi connectivity - Jan 12, 2012
- Airport Metro feeder bus service from Wednesday - Sep 13, 2011
- From railway station to airport in 20 minutes! - Feb 22, 2011
- Shorter airport metro services likely to resume (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
Tags: aerocity, consortium, delhi airport, delhi metro, dhaula kuan, dwarka, frequent travellers, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, infrastructure, metro express, New Delhi, railway station, reliance, shivaji, smart card, token, validity