Airport line deficient on safety: Delhi MetroSeptember 30th, 2010 - 12:43 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 29 (IANS) The Delhi Metro Wednesday said that the Commissioner Metro Rail Safety (CMRS), who inspected the express line from Indira Gandhi International Airport to New Delhi Railway Station Sep 27-28, has found deficiencies.
According to a Delhi Metro spokesperson, the CMRS Wednesday evening asked for clarifications regarding “certain deficiencies” observed in the line.
The Delhi Metro has forwarded the query to Reliance Infrastructure, which is responsible for implementing the project. “Speed trial also could not be conducted on this line so far by the concessionaire,” the spokesperson said.
According to him, the Delhi Metro has asked the company to urgently comply with the requirements of the CMRS.
The line is being implemented on a public-private-partnership basis and the Delhi Metro has completed the civil work.
The 23-km line will run from New Delhi Railway Station to Dwarka Sector 21, via Shivaji Stadium, Dhaula Kuan, Delhi Aero city and the airport.
It is the first Metro line built on public-private-partnership — between Delhi Metro and Reliance Infrastructure.
As per the agreement, Delhi Metro is responsible for the civil work and Reliance Infrastructure will operate the service.
- Delhi Metro's airport line extends its radio cab service - Jan 07, 2012
- Multi-level car parking for Airport Metro commuters - Feb 06, 2012
- Delhi Airport Metro Express lines to open at 2 p.m. - Feb 23, 2011
- Airport Metro open to filmmakers - Oct 19, 2011
- 15,000 people daily travel on airport Metro - Sep 11, 2011
- From railway station to airport in 20 minutes! - Feb 22, 2011
- Airport Metro feeder bus service from Wednesday - Sep 13, 2011
- Delhi Metro airport line set to commence - Feb 23, 2011
- Airport Metro line services suspended from Sunday - Jul 07, 2012
- Airport Metro offers discount on Guru Purab - Nov 09, 2011
- Efforts on to start Metro's Airport Express Line before Games - Sep 28, 2010
- Delhi Metro's airport line gets safety clearance, to begin soon (Lead) - Jan 10, 2011
- Airport Metro offers discount this weekend - Dec 08, 2011
- Shorter airport metro services likely to resume (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Airport Metro increases frequency during peak hours - Aug 05, 2011
Tags: aero, clarifications, cmrs, concessionaire, deficiencies, delhi metro, dhaula kuan, dwarka, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, metro line, metro rail, New Delhi, partnership basis, public private partnership, rail safety, railway station, speed trial, spokesperson, wednesday evening