Airline staff held for passenger’s missing moneyNovember 9th, 2011 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
Aizawl, Nov 9 (IANS) The Mizoram Police Wednesday arrested six ground staff of a private airline after a Kolkata-bound passenger’s Rs.7 lakh in cash went missing.
A police officer said the airline personnel were arrested on the basis of a complaint of the passenger, who kept the money in his hand baggage before boarding the airplane at the Lengpui Airport near here Tuesday.
“The passenger told the Mizoram Police that the Rs.7 lakh cash was missing at the Kolkata airport,” the officer told reporters.
Police are questioning the airline employees.
According to aviation rules, carrying of cash amount in the hand baggage with valid documents is permitted but it is barred in the registered luggage.
- Small aircraft overshoots Mizoram airport - May 04, 2011
- Air India pilots call off stir (Intro Roundup) - Jan 14, 2012
- Gadkari's Canadian pilot arrested, released on bail (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- Pangolin scales worth Rs.2.3 crore seized - Sep 07, 2012
- Air India flights hit as pilots report sick (Roundup) - Jan 14, 2012
- Air India pilots 'sick', flights hit (Second Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Bullet in bag: Candaian pilot of Gadkari flight arrested - May 24, 2011
- Detention of American-Yemeni over terror plot may be a false alarm - Sep 01, 2010
- Kingfisher, Air India owe Rs.525 crore to GMR - Apr 10, 2012
- Northeast seperatist leader arrested in New Delhi (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Mizoram militant leader arrested in Delhi - Jul 19, 2012
- No trace of hostages, fencing work stops - Apr 02, 2012
- Four held, stolen money seized - Aug 24, 2012
- Two held with pangolin skin worth Rs.9 mn - Oct 22, 2011
- San Francisco Jetliner Gets Detained Due To Hijack Threat - Aug 20, 2010