Air Seychelles makes Chennai its Asia hubNovember 16th, 2010 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Nov 16 (IANS) With the increase in traffic between Seychelles and India, Air Seychelles has decided to start weekly direct flights between the two nations from Wednesday even as it designated this Tamil Nadu capital as its Asian hub, it was announced here Tuesday.
“Traffic between the two nations has increased. While Indians come to Seychelles for business and leisure purposes, people of our country come to Chennai for healthcare and other purposes. We have started the direct flight to cater to the growing traffic,” Air Seychelles’s executive chairman David Savy told reporters.
The direct flight will cut down the travel time to just over four hours.
According to him, the airlines, which is in the process of rebranding itself, has designated Chennai as its Asian hub and Paris as its European hub.
Seychelles is seeing 57 percent increase in travellers from Asia and more than 50 percent of that are from India which prompted the airlines to start a direct flight.
“Our people go to Singapore for shopping. But India offers good scope for shopping,” Savy added.
According to him, the basic fare between Chennai and Seychelles will be around Rs.20,000 without taxes.
“We have special offers like 50 percent discount on companion’s fare and for tour operators,” Savy said.
- Bangkok Airways connects Bangalore and Thailand - Oct 04, 2011
- Air India starts Delhi-Port Blair flight - Oct 03, 2011
- South African Airways is sole carrier on Mumbai-Johannesburg route - Jun 14, 2012
- Finnair traffic grows 3 percent in February - Mar 13, 2011
- Air India operates 210 domestic flights, lower fares to continue - May 10, 2011
- Air India increases number of Delhi-Goa flights - Dec 02, 2011
- 'Falling rupee making India more attractive to tourists' - Jul 14, 2012
- Pact with Kingfisher sees Finnair's Asia traffic look up - Sep 12, 2011
- Air India to deploy wide-bodied aircraft on domestic routes - May 09, 2011
- More Johannesburg-Mumbai flights - Jun 14, 2012
- Finnair starts service to western China city of Chongqing - May 17, 2012
- Oman invites Indian tourists - Jan 24, 2011
- Air India operates 216 domestic flights, lower fares to continue (Lead) - May 10, 2011
- Air India to deploy wide-bodied aircraft on domestic routes (Lead) - May 09, 2011
- New flights to boost Indian tourists flow to Thailand - Feb 11, 2011
Tags: air seychelles, airlines, asian hub, chairman david, companion, direct flight, direct flights, european hub, executive chairman, india air, indians, leisure purposes, rebranding, savy, scope, special offers, tamil nadu capital, tour operators, travel time, travellers