Air Mauritius plane catches fire in Delhi, take-off abortedJuly 24th, 2008 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 24 (IANS) An Air Mauritius plane with 241 passengers and 11 crew on board aborted take off here Thursday afternoon after the pilot noticed a fire in the undercarriage of the aircraft, airport officials said. “All the passengers and the crew members were evacuated safely,” an official of the Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL), which operates Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport, told IANS.
The cause of the fire, which was noticed at around 2.08 p.m., is yet to be ascertained. A DIAL official said it could be due to a technical fault in the aircraft. The Air Mauritius plane was to fly to the Mauritius capital Port Louis from here.
“We are yet to get details on how the fire occurred,” the official said. Within hours of the incident, flight movement at IGI airport was reported to be normal.
There was no immediate response from Air Mauritius officials here, but DIAL officials said passengers were taken to a hotel. “We are trying to get in touch with the airline to know when and how they plan to fly their passengers to Mauritius,” said the DIAL official.
- Operations at IGI airport normal after aerobridge operators' strike - Apr 13, 2012
- Narrow escape for Air India passengers at IGI airport - Jun 15, 2010
- Operations at IGI airport normal after aerobridge operators' strike (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Faulty alarm causes GoAir flight to make emergency landing - Jun 06, 2011
- Jet Airways aborts flight after smoke in tyre - Feb 17, 2011
- Malaysian flight makes emergency landing at Delhi airport - Feb 20, 2011
- Foreign plane detained at Jaipur (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- DIAL to again charge development fee at IGI airport - Nov 16, 2011
- Passengers of bird-hit Air Mauritius plane stranded in Delhi - Jul 25, 2008
- Air Mauritius aircraft to take-off Friday night (Lead) - Jul 25, 2008
- Miraculous escape for 140 AI passengers - Nov 09, 2010
- Air India to get demo-trial on Boeing 787 next week - Jul 06, 2011
- Alert pilots save 48 passengers aboard Air India plane (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- Snag-hit American Airlines flight departs for Chicago - Jun 21, 2011
- Air India flight skids off runway in Kanpur - Jul 20, 2011