Air Mauritius aircraft to take-off Friday night (Lead)July 25th, 2008 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 25 (IANS) The Air Mauritius aircraft which caught fire while taking-off here Thursday afternoon will now fly to Mauritius capital Port Louis at 10.30 p.m. Friday night, the airlines said here. The plane will carry all the 241 passengers stranded in the national capital for over 24 hours, an airlines spokesperson said.
“We have got the clearance from the technical team which rectified the snag in the aircraft that developed after it caught fire before takeoff Thursday,” the spokesperson said.
The pilot noticed flames coming out of the undercarriage while taking off at about 2 p.m. Thursday. The take off was aborted and the passengers were evacuated safely.
Air Mauritius had made arrangements for another aircraft, which was to fly out at 6 a.m. Friday, but it too developed a technical snag.
Air Mauritius chief executive Manoj R.K. Ujoodha said it was “unfortunate” that the aircraft that had been ferried to Delhi to ensure that passengers reached Mauritius also developed a technical problem.
Officials suspect the plane caught fire owing to a bird hit. According to airport officials, there have been more than 40 bird-hit cases so far this year.
- Passengers of bird-hit Air Mauritius plane stranded in Delhi - Jul 25, 2008
- Air Arabia flight makes emergency landing at Kochi - Oct 26, 2010
- Rs.50,000 reward each for boys who spotted plane's fire - Jul 26, 2011
- AI team reaches Chandigarh to repair grounded plane - Sep 08, 2010
- Jet Airways flight makes emergency landing at Delhi airport - Aug 04, 2009
- Dutch flight to Colombo suffers bird hit in Goa - Oct 27, 2011
- Kingfisher flight returns to Hyderabad after snag - Oct 29, 2011
- Russian plane with 116 on board makes emergency landing - Jul 02, 2011
- AI Bhubaneswar flight makes precautionary landing in Kolkata - Jun 18, 2012
- Air India flight develops snag, passengers safe - Jun 10, 2012
- Air India flies out stranded British Airways passengers - May 26, 2012
- 'Bird-hit might have caused Air India flight to turn back' - Jul 22, 2011
- Russian plane makes emergency landing - Jun 09, 2011
- Emirates flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai - Jul 27, 2011
- Air Mauritius plane catches fire in Delhi, take-off aborted - Jul 24, 2008
Tags: air mauritius, airlines, airport officials, chief executive, flames, fly, friday night, New Delhi, pilot, problem officials, spokesperson, takeoff, technical snag, thursday afternoon, undercarriage