Air India’s Hyderabad-Chicago flight from March 29March 20th, 2009 - 5:56 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, March 20 (IANS) Air India will introduce a daily Hyderabad-Chicago flight via Delhi and Frankfurt March 29, an official said here Friday.
Air India deputy general manager (commercial) Ashok Kumar told reporters here that the flight will depart from Hyderabad at 9 p.m. and reach Chicago the next day at 10.50 a.m. (local time). The flight will depart from Chicago at 4 p.m. and reach Hyderabad the next day at 2.05 a.m.
The launch of this flight follows the airline’s recent decision to make Frankfurt the hub for operations to Europe and the US.
Kumar said that making Frankfurt a hub for operations to Europe and US will offer better connectivity and reach for passengers from the southern cities.
Air India already operates daily flights from Hyderabad to New York (Newark Liberty International Airport) via Mumbai and Frankfurt as well as to New York (John F. Kennedy International Airport) and London via Mumbai. It also operates daily flights to Frankfurt via Delhi and Mumbai.
“We plan to operate direct flights to Frankfurt so that the passengers can reach there or catch onward flights to other destinations in Europe and the US with little time lost in transit,” Kumar said.
The official, however, said this would be possible only if the load factor improves beyond 200 passengers per flight.
He said the economic slowdown has affected the aviation industry and several airlines have stopped or reduced their operations.
“Air India is taking it as an opportunity by introducing new flights and restructuring operations,” Kumar said.
The other highlights of the summer schedule from Hyderabad includes the option to travel via Mumbai to Chicago and via Delhi to New York (JFK) at the same fare. Departure time from Hyderabad has been advanced to make convenient morning arrivals at the destinations. The transit time at Delhi and Mumbai has also been reduced.
- Air India begins non-stop flights from Canada - Nov 02, 2010
- American Airlines to begin Chicago-Helsinki route - Oct 07, 2010
- Air India to resume flights to most global destinations - Aug 12, 2012
- Air India to develop hub at new Delhi terminal - Jul 14, 2010
- Indian air cargo to Africa increasing - Jul 10, 2011
- Thai Airways launches cargo aircraft - Apr 12, 2012
- Air India starts Delhi-Chicago daily flight - Mar 29, 2009
- More Air India flights for stranded passengers - Apr 24, 2010
- Air India passengers stranded yet again, protest - Nov 04, 2010
- Air India moves Supreme Court as pilots strike rocks parliament (Roundup) - May 10, 2012
- Air India to launch Delhi-Chicago flight Sunday - Mar 27, 2009
- Air India, Jet Airways resume flights to Europe - Apr 21, 2010
- Finnair starts maiden cargo service to India - Sep 16, 2011
- Air India's 'sick' pilots continue protest, four flights cancelled (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Lufthansa introduces new jet service, hopes to increase India market share - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: air india, ashok kumar, aviation industry, departure time, deputy general, direct flights, economic slowdown, hyderabad, jfk, john f kennedy, john f kennedy international airport, kennedy international airport, launch, liberty international, little time, mumbai, new york jfk, newark liberty international airport, southern cities, transit time