Air India to get first 787 Dreamliners by year endFebruary 9th, 2011 - 10:46 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Feb 9 (IANS) US-based aircraft manufacturer Boeing’s Indian subsidiary Wednesday said the long-awaited delivery of Air India’s maiden batch of 787 ‘Dreamliner’ aircraft will be made in the fourth quarter of the calendar year 2011. “India’s expanding aviation industry is among the fastest growing in the world and Boeing will continue its efforts to closely partner Indian carriers in optimising their growth and competitive advantage,” Boeing India’s president Dinesh Keskar said at the Aero India air show held near here.
According to him, the technologically-advanced and fuel efficient 787s would be a game changer in the Indian aviation sector and will give the company’s customers a cost advantage.
Earlier in November last year, the company had said that the first deliveries of the Dreamliner aircraft to Air India would be made by the second quarter of 2011.
The national carrier has ordered 27 B-787 Dreamliners which are expected to be deployed on non-stop, long-haul flights to sectors like India-US.
The 200 to 300-seat aircraft is made of composite materials and a new engine and advannced flight technologies make it highly fuel-efficient.
The plane can carry passengers non-stop on distances between 6,500 km and 16,000 km.
The company expects that with 15 percent growth in passenger traffic, increase in operating profits of airlines would translate into more orders.
Boeing’s 20-year outlook of 2010 said that the Indian aviation sector would require 1,150 commercial jets, valued at approximately $130 billion.
- Air India to get first 787 Dreamliner by 2011-end - Feb 09, 2011
- Air India to get demo-trial on Boeing 787 next week - Jul 06, 2011
- Boeing to deliver first 787 Dreamliner to Air India next year (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Air India's first Dreamliner arrives after 4-year wait - Sep 08, 2012
- Air India's Dreamliner to be in service from Sep 19 - Sep 12, 2012
- Air India gets second Dreamliner, plans to start new routes - Sep 19, 2012
- First Dreamliner aircraft delivered to Air India in the US - Sep 06, 2012
- Fuel-efficient Boeing 787 to join Air India fleet by year-end - Jul 13, 2011
- Boeing to deliver 100 aircraft to India in five years - Mar 14, 2012
- Air India negotiating for 'just compensation' for Boeing-787 delays - May 23, 2011
- Air India, Boeing negotiate 'just compensation' for delays (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner to land at IGI airport Wednesday - Jul 12, 2011
- Boeing showcases 787 Dreamliner at IGI airport - Jul 13, 2011
- India expects to induct first 787 Dreamliner this month - Aug 19, 2012
- Many Indian companies involved in Dreamliner project: Boeing - Jul 13, 2011
Tags: 787 dreamliners, aero india, air india, aircraft manufacturer, aviation industry, aviation sector, commercial jets, competitive advantage, composite materials, cost advantage, dinesh, flight technologies, india air, indian aviation, indian subsidiary, long haul flights, national carrier, passenger traffic, seat aircraft, traffic increase