Air India to change menu for short flightsJanuary 31st, 2012 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 31 (IANS) National carrier Air India Tuesday said it will revise its on-board catering menu in the economy class section of short-haul domestic flights effective Feb 1.
“For flights less than 90 minutes, the standard food items like breakfast, lunch or dinner will be replaced by heavy snacks and soft drinks,” an Air India official told IANS.
According to the official, the current menu offerings for passengers of executive or business class segment would continue on all flights.
On Nov 29 the airline’s board decided on the cost-cutting measures like removing standard food items on a flight of less than 90 minutes.
Currently, the national carrier has a total debt of Rs.43,777 crore, including loans and dues it owes to vendors like oil firms and airport operators.
- Air India board decides on loan restructuring, cost-cutting measures - Nov 29, 2011
- Air India owes Rs.43,777 crore: Ravi - Nov 24, 2011
- Thai Airways orders six Boeing 777s in deal valued at $1.7 billion - Aug 19, 2011
- Air India pilots call in sick, passengers stranded (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Air India to get Rs.4,000 crore budget support for 2012-13 - Mar 16, 2012
- Air India board to meet Tuesday - Nov 29, 2011
- Air India board approves issue of preferential shares to lenders - Dec 29, 2011
- No bailout for Kingfisher, Air India needs to shape up: Minister - Jan 11, 2012
- Air India pilots call off stir (Intro Roundup) - Jan 14, 2012
- Air India pilots 'sick', flights hit (Second Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Air India flights hit as pilots report sick (Roundup) - Jan 14, 2012
- Air India to get demo-trial on Boeing 787 next week - Jul 06, 2011
- Government rolls out plan to help domestic airlines (Roundup) - Feb 07, 2012
- Government approves direct jet fuel import, Air India debt plan (Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
- Air India, Boeing negotiate 'just compensation' for delays (Lead) - May 23, 2011
Tags: air india, airline, airport operators, breakfast lunch, business class, carrier air, domestic flights, economy class, food items, loans, measures, menu offerings, national carrier, New Delhi, oil firms, s board, segment, snacks, soft drinks