Air India, SpiceJet raise fuel surcharge by Rs.400 (Lead)June 18th, 2009 - 8:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 18 (IANS) National carrier Air India and SpiceJet joined Jet Airways and Kingfisher Airlines Thursday in hiking fuel surcharge on tickets by Rs.400.
“We have decided to increase the fuel surcharge by Rs.400 in the domestic sector and this will be effective from tomorrow (Friday),” Air India’s spokesperson told IANS Thursday.
Earlier in the day, low-cost carrier SpiceJet had similarly announced hike in its fuel surcharge. “We have increased fuel surcharge by Rs.400 on our flights with immediate effect,” SpiceJet chief operation officer Samyukta Shreedharan told reporters here.
Leading private carriers Jet and Kingfisher raised their fuel surcharge, also by Rs.400, earlier in the week on all domestic sectors.
“The increase was necessitated by sharp increase in ATF prices by 33 percent since March 2009,” Jet said in a statement Wednesday.
State-run oil firms hiked fuel prices by 12 percent Monday, the sixth increase since March 16. ATF now costs Rs.36,252 per kilolitre in Delhi, an increase of Rs.3,949. In Mumbai, it costs Rs.37,367 per kilolitre as compared to Rs.33,260 earlier.
- SpiceJet raises fuel surcharge by Rs.400 - Jun 18, 2009
- Jet Airways hikes domestic fares by Rs.400 - Jun 17, 2009
- Jet, Kingfisher increase fares by Rs.400 (Lead) - Jun 17, 2009
- Oil firms increase jet fuel price by 3.70 percent - Nov 30, 2011
- Oil firms cut jet fuel prices by 1.38 percent (Lead) - Dec 15, 2011
- Aviation fuel prices raised again, air fares likely to rise - Jun 15, 2009
- High taxes reason behind rising jet fuel: Ravi - Nov 30, 2011
- Government rolls out plan to help domestic airlines (Roundup) - Feb 07, 2012
- Air India to import jet fuel directly - Jun 07, 2012
- Aviation stocks rally after direct jet fuel import allowed - Feb 07, 2012
- SpiceJet allowed to directly import ATF - Apr 18, 2012
- Air India yet to decide on direct ATF import: Ajit Singh - Aug 28, 2012
- SpiceJet to offer Rs.777 fare on its routes - May 22, 2012
- RBI to notify proposal allowing airlines to access foreign funds - Apr 19, 2012
- FDI in aviation boosts airlines' stocks - Sep 17, 2012
Tags: air india, atf, carrier air, chief operation officer, domestic sector, domestic sectors, flights, fuel prices, fuel surcharge, jet airways, kingfisher, kingfisher airlines, low cost carrier, national carrier, oil firms, private carriers, spicejet, spokesperson