Air India pilots say studying court orderMay 23rd, 2012 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 23 (IANS) Agitating pilots of Air India Wednesday said they will first study the latest High Court order that issued a contempt notice to them and then decide on the next course of action.
“We will study the Delhi High Court order which came in today (Wednesday) and after that we will decide our future course of action,” Rohit Kapahi, committee member, Indian Pilots’ Guild (IPG), told IANS.
“We respect the High Court and will abide by law. We have a team of lawyers and they are also looking into it.”
The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued contempt notice to the striking Air India pilots for not complying with its earlier order restraining them from continuing with their strike that had been pronounced “illegal”.
Air India had Wednesday moved a contempt petition in the High Court after the pilots disobeyed its order.
The Delhi High court May 9 restrained over 100 pilots, owing allegiance to the IPG, an association of Air India pilots, from continuing the strike over the rescheduling of Boeing 787 Dreamliner training and matters relating to their career progression.
- Contempt notice issued to striking Air India pilots (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Contempt notice issued to Air India pilots (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Air India moves court against striking pilots - May 23, 2012
- Court declines plea of Air India pilots (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Notice issued to centre, Air India on pilots' plea - Jun 25, 2012
- Court restrains Air India pilots' illegal strike (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- High court reserves order on Air India pilots - May 16, 2012
- Pilots union moves court against restraint order on stir - May 15, 2012
- Talk, settle dispute: Court to Air India, striking pilots (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Ready to reinstate sacked pilots on case-by-case basis: Ajit Singh (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Air India moves apex court against pilots - May 10, 2012
- Take back sacked pilots and we will end strike: Air India union (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Court notice to centre on striking pilots' plea on back wages - Jun 13, 2012
- Pilots' stir: Chief labour commissioner to convene talks - Jun 13, 2012
- Air India crisis: 10 pilots sacked, court steps in (Third Lead) - May 09, 2012