Air India pilots call of strike (Lead)May 7th, 2011 - 12:04 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 6 (IANS) Air India pilots called off their 10-day-old strike late Friday night after the government and the pilots union reached an “understanding” on their demand for pay parity and fixed flying hours, an official said.
Indian Commercial Pilots Association general secretary Captain Rishab Kapoor told IANS: “The strike has been called off and the pilots are resuming work tonight.” He added that the pilots “trust and believe in the government and the Justice (retd) D.N. Dharmadhikari committee” (formed to look into human resource issues of the merger of Air India and Indian Airlines and on pay parity).
The pilots have told the two-member panel set to hold informal talks with them that they would honour any recommendations by the Dharmadhikari committee.
The pilots, belonging to the erstwhile Indian Airlines, had gone on strike from midnight April 26 demanding pay parity with their colleagues in Air India.
“The two-member panel set up to hold informal talks with the striking pilots was able to make a breakthrough in ensuring that the 10-day long strike by the pilots of erstwhile Indian Airlines comes to an end,” a senior civil aviation ministry official told IANS Friday.
- Air India pilots call off 10-day strike (Second Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Air India to restore full operations next week (Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Air India to operate 160 flights by Monday - May 07, 2011
- Air India imbroglio: Ajit Singh promises uniform pay, working hours - Jun 01, 2012
- Government announces Air India staff integration process (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Government to again hold talks with striking pilots - May 05, 2011
- Air India sacks six pilots of striking union - Apr 27, 2011
- Third round of talks with Air India pilots begin - May 06, 2011
- Second round of talks with Air India pilots begin (Lead) - May 05, 2011
- Pilots' wage parity process has started, court told - Sep 04, 2012
- Ajit Singh promises parity in merged Air India (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Interim relief being worked out to end Air India strike - May 06, 2011
- Talks to continue to end Air India impasse (Roundup) - May 05, 2011
- Centre rules out partial lockout of Air India due to pilots' strike - Apr 30, 2011
- Air India forms committee to implement Dharmadhikari report - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: air india, breakthrough, civil aviation ministry, colleagues, commercial pilots, erstwhile, friday night, general secretary, honour, human resource issues, indian airlines, member panel, merger, ministry official, New Delhi, pay parity, pilots association, pilots union, rishab, striking pilots