Air India gets one more Boeing aircraftApril 20th, 2009 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
Seattle, April 20 (IANS) US aircraft manufacturer Boeing Company Monday said it has delivered a 737-800 aircraft to Air India, the 25th of the total 68 planes ordered by the Indian flagship carrier.
“We continue to work closely with Air India on its fleet restructuring based upon the airline’s high utilisation of our airplanes,” Boeing India president Dinesh Keskar said.
Air India (AI) had placed an order for 68 Boeing aircraft for its fleet in 2005.
The 737-800 aircraft will be inducted into Air India Express, the budget carrier of Air India.
“We are confident that the induction of more fuel-efficient and reliable Boeing products into its fleet positions Air India for continued growth and increased profitability when air traffic rebounds both in India and worldwide,” Keskar said in a statement.
With the delivery of the new aircraft, Boeing has so far delivered 15 next-generation 737-800s and 10 777s to Air India. Boeing said the Indian carrier would be able to induct seven more Boeing 777s into its fleet this year.
- Air India to get demo-trial on Boeing 787 next week - Jul 06, 2011
- 100th aircraft to join Jet Airways fleet - Nov 17, 2011
- Alaska Airlines orders 15 additional Boeing aircraft - Jan 26, 2011
- New Boeings to help expand network: SpiceJet - Nov 08, 2010
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner to land at IGI airport Wednesday - Jul 12, 2011
- Boeing to deliver 100 aircraft to India in five years - Mar 14, 2012
- Air Austral, Okay Airways and Qatar Airways order new Boeing aircraft - Jul 21, 2010
- Second Boeing plane for Indian Navy completes first flight (with images) - Jul 17, 2012
- RwandAir orders two Next-Generation 737-800 jets from Boeing - May 07, 2010
- AI entitled to $145 m from Boeing for delayed aircraft: Ravi - Aug 10, 2011
- Air Lease to purchase 60 next-generation 737s from Boeing - Jul 20, 2010
- Air India confident of Boeing-787 induction by year-end - Jul 17, 2011
- India will require 1,320 aircraft by 2030: Boeing - Jul 06, 2011
- Fuel-efficient Boeing 787 to join Air India fleet by year-end - Jul 13, 2011
- Air India negotiating for 'just compensation' for Boeing-787 delays - May 23, 2011
Tags: air india, air india express, air traffic, aircraft manufacturer, airplanes, boeing, boeing 777s, boeing aircraft, boeing company, boeing products, budget carrier, dinesh, flagship, fleet positions, induction, new aircraft, next generation, planes, profitability, restructuring