Air India flight cancelled, pilots ’sick’May 8th, 2012 - 11:19 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 8 (IANS) One international flight was cancelled and others suffered disruptions as a section of Air India pilots reported sick, an official said Tuesday.
The exact number of ’sick’ pilots was not immediately available.
An AI official said the Ahmedabad-Mumbai-Newark flight scheduled to leave early Tuesday has been cancelled due to non-availabality of pilots.
According to one estimate, nearly 100 pilots are off-duty since midnight of Monday after falling ’sick’. More are likely to follow suit.
Among other things, the pilots are opposing the carrier’s plans to provide the Boeing-787 Dreamliner to the erstwhile Indian Airlines pilots who are now part of the airline.
The action has come at a critical juncture when the airline was hoping to retrieve lost ground with the peak vacation season and securing a massive Rs.42,000 crore bailout package.
- Ajit Singh calls Air India 'strike' illegal (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Air India's 'sick' pilots continue protest, four flights cancelled (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Air India's 'sick' pilots continue protest, three flights cancelled - May 09, 2012
- Four Air India flights axed, 100 pilots 'sick' (Second Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Air India sacks 10 pilots, derecognizes union (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Court restrains Air India pilots' illegal strike (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Air India sacks 10 pilots, derecognises union (Second Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Pilots union moves court against restraint order on stir - May 15, 2012
- Air India crisis: 10 pilots sacked, court steps in (Third Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Air India crisis: 26 pilots sacked, court steps in (Fourth Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Court steps in to normalise Air India operations (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Court restrains Air India pilots from striking - May 09, 2012
- Air India pilots' strike enters fifth day - May 12, 2012
- Air India sacks 10 pilots, derecognises union - May 08, 2012
- Air India crisis continues, 14 flights cancelled - May 14, 2012
Tags: ahmedabad, air india, air india flight, airline, bailout package, boeing, boeing 787 dreamliner, critical juncture, disruptions, erstwhile, exact number, indian airlines, international flight, newark, rs 42, vacation season