Air India crisis continues, 14 flights cancelledMay 14th, 2012 - 12:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi/Mumbai, May 14 (IANS) The agitation by Air India pilots entered its seventh day Monday with the management cancelling 14 international outbound flights, also throwing domestic operations into disarray, an official said.
“We have cancelled around 14 flights for the day. The contingency plan will be implemented within two or three days whereby a guaranteed minimum international operations will be operated,” a senior Air India official with the Operations Arm told IANS.
“We are monitoring the situation and informing the passengers in advance.”
Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh had Sunday regretted the move by the government to merge the erstwhile Indian Airlines and Air India and had said there should have been due diligence.
Trouble started for the airline May 8 when pilots belonging to Indian Pilots Guild (IPG) took mass sick leave protesting the move to provide Boeing-787 Dreamliner training to pilots from the erstwhile Indian Airlines.
- Air India loses Rs.100 crore due pilots' strike (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Air India losses mount to Rs.200 crore as crisis continues - May 18, 2012
- Air India's 'sick' pilots continue protest, four flights cancelled (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- AI's contingency plan in place, only one flight cancelled - May 16, 2012
- AI to prune operations if pilots' strike continues (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Air India crisis: 10 pilots sacked, court steps in (Third Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Air India crisis: 26 pilots sacked, court steps in (Fourth Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Ajit Singh calls Air India unions for talks (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Air India crisis enters 13th day, losses at Rs.230 crore - May 20, 2012
- Air India crisis continues for 15th day, losses Rs.250 crore - May 22, 2012
- Air India pilots stir continues, five flights cancelled - May 10, 2012
- Court steps in to normalise Air India operations (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Court restrains Air India pilots' illegal strike (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Air India sacks 10 pilots, derecognises union (Second Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Air India strike enters 17th day; loses Rs.270 crore (Lead) - May 24, 2012
Tags: agitation, air india, airline, ajit singh, boeing, boeing 787 dreamliner, civil aviation, contingency plan, disarray, domestic operations, due diligence, erstwhile, indian airlines, international operations, ipg, mumbai, New Delhi, outbound flights, sick leave