Air India cancels two flights out of ChennaiApril 28th, 2011 - 1:18 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 28 (IANS) The ongoing strike by around 600 pilots has forced Air India to cancel two flights out of here and combine its Thursday morning flight to Singapore with its afternoon flight, an official said.
According to an Air India spokesperson, the airline operated two flights to Delhi and one to Mumbai Thursday morning, while it cancelled its flights to Hyderabad and Port Blair.
“We will operate flights to Visakhapatnam and Bangalore,” he said.
The pilots of the Indian Commercial Pilots Association (ICPA), once on the payroll of erstwhile Indian Airlines, struck work Tuesday midnight demanding parity in pay with their counterparts in Air India and other issues related to work conditions.
They have since also demanded that the airline reinstate the six pilots who were sacked and two others who were suspended later Wednesday, and want the union to be recognised again and its offices de-sealed.
- Air India operates five domestic flights from Chennai - Apr 29, 2011
- Air India cancels 10 flights out of Chennai (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Another harrowing day for Air India passengers - Apr 28, 2011
- Eight flights cancelled in Kolkata - Apr 28, 2011
- Air India cancels 11 flights from Kolkata - May 01, 2011
- No stay on Air India's derecognition of pilot union - Apr 29, 2011
- Four Air India flights from Kolkata cancelled - Apr 29, 2011
- Air India cancels five Kerala flights - Apr 28, 2011
- Air India cancels nine flights in Bangalore - Apr 28, 2011
- Passengers suffer as Air India pilots' strike enters day two - Apr 28, 2011
- Air India pilots strike: Stand off continues, 100 flights cancelled - Apr 29, 2011
- Sacking of pilots right, can't hold Air India to ransom: Minister - Apr 27, 2011
- Striking pilots ground Air India fliers for second day - Apr 28, 2011
- Four Air India flights cancelled in northeast (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Nine Air India flights cancelled in northeast - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,