Air India cancels 76 flightsMay 26th, 2010 - 11:56 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 26 (IANS) Over 76 Air India domestic and international flights were cancelled Wednesday when around 15,000 crew members and maintenance engineers of the airline went on a flash strike all over India Tuesday protesting a gag order and delay in the payment of salaries.
According to an airport official, 24 flights from Delhi, 37 from Mumbai and seven from Kolkata were cancelled up to now, leaving the passengers in a dilemma.
“International flights from Delhi to Dubai, Muscat, Abu Dhabi, Bangkok among others and domestic flights from Delhi to Mumbai, Leh, Ahmedabad, Patna, Srinagar, Hyderabad and few more have been cancelled for today,” said the official.
- Passengers suffer as Air India cancels 76 flights (Lead) - May 26, 2010
- Central government staff can travel on private airlines - May 26, 2010
- Air India staff go on flash strike (Third Lead) - May 25, 2010
- Passengers livid over Air India strike, management offers talks (Second Lead) - May 26, 2010
- More Kingfisher flights hit, government rules out bailout (Roundup) - Feb 20, 2012
- Air India crew, engineers go on flash strike (Second Lead) - May 25, 2010
- Delhi High Court stays Air India strike - May 26, 2010
- Air India flight makes emergency landing in Pakistan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 09, 2012
- Kingfisher Airlines no longer UB subsidiary - May 10, 2012
- Four flights diverted from Delhi for technical reasons - Dec 23, 2011
- Air India to develop hub at new Delhi terminal - Jul 14, 2010
- Etihad Airways to launch flights to Ahmedabad - May 29, 2012
- Passengers stranded as 40 Kingfisher flights axed (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Air India crew, engineers on flash strike (Lead, Changing dateline) - May 25, 2010
- Heavy fog disrupts flights, trains in Delhi (Lead) - Dec 26, 2010
Tags: abu dhabi, air india, airline, bangkok, crew members, dilemma, domestic flights, dubai, flash strike, gag order, hyderabad, international flights, maintenance engineers, mumbai, muscat, New Delhi, salaries