Air India cancels 12 flights from KolkataMay 6th, 2011 - 1:17 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 6 (IANS) Air India cancelled 12 flights from Kolkata as the strike by over half of the airline’s 1,600 pilots continued for the tenth day Friday, an official said.
“We have drawn up a rescheduled roster of nine flights. Four have been operated and the other five will operate later in the day,” an Air India spokesperson told IANS.
One flight each to Silchar, Aizawl, Agartala and Port Blair have already taken off from here; one flight each to Dimapur, Silchar, Agartala, Guwahati and New Delhi will operate later in the day, he added.
The flagship carrier operates around 21 daily flights from this metropolis.
The Indian Commercial Pilots Association (ICPA) pilots from the erstwhile Indian Airlines struck work April 26 midnight, demanding parity in pay with their counterparts in Air India.
- Air India cancels 10 flights from Kolkata - May 05, 2011
- Air India cancels 11 flights from Kolkata - May 01, 2011
- Air India cancels 14 flights from Kolkata - Apr 30, 2011
- Four Air India flights from Kolkata cancelled - Apr 29, 2011
- Eight flights cancelled in Kolkata - Apr 28, 2011
- Four Air India flights cancelled in northeast (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Nine Air India flights cancelled in northeast - Apr 28, 2011
- ICPA pilots take out rally in Kolkata - May 05, 2011
- Air India to operate 40 domestic flights - May 01, 2011
- Air India cancels more than 60 Mumbai flights - Apr 30, 2011
- Pilots' strike stayed by court in public interest - Apr 27, 2011
- Air India cancels two flights out of Chennai - Apr 28, 2011
- Air India cancels 35 Mumbai flights - May 02, 2011
- Air India cancels nine flights in Bangalore - Apr 28, 2011
- No stay on Air India's derecognition of pilot union - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: agartala, air india, airline, aizawl, commercial pilots, counterparts, dimapur, erstwhile, flagship, flights, guwahati, icpa, indian airlines, metropolis, New Delhi, parity, pilots association, port blair, silchar, spokesperson