Air India asks senior officials to forego July payJune 19th, 2009 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 19 (IANS) Cash-strapped Air India Friday asked its top executives to forego their salary for July, a spokesperson of the national carrier said here Friday.
“The top management needs to indicate to all employees in the organisation that every single paisa which can be saved needs to be saved,” said Air India chairman and managing director Arvind Jadhav in an internal memo addressed to senior executives.
Corporate directors, strategic business unit heads, executive directors and general managers have been asked to take the pay cut.
“As a gesture to ease the liquidity crunch, Jadhav requested all executives above the level of general manager to voluntarily forego salary and productivity linked incentives payable in the month of July,” said a company statement Friday.
Earlier this month, Air India had decided to defer the payment of salaries for July and productivity-linked incentives by 15 days, leading to protests by its labour union.
- Air India plans Rs.500-crore annual salary cut - Jun 22, 2009
- Government to pay Rs.150 crore dues to help Air India - Jan 17, 2012
- Air India CMD meets cabinet secretary, gets bailout promise - Jun 20, 2009
- Air India looking at pruning incentives to overcome losses - Jul 18, 2009
- Air India to give August incentive to employees - Nov 30, 2011
- Air India staff threaten strike as May salaries are delayed - Jun 20, 2011
- Air India pilots call off stir (Intro Roundup) - Jan 14, 2012
- Air India softens stand after talks with pilots fail (Fourth Lead) - Sep 28, 2009
- Air India cuts employees' incentives by 50 percent - Sep 23, 2009
- Talks fail, Air India pilots to intensify agitation (Third Lead) - Sep 28, 2009
- Air India arranging funds to pay salaries by Nov 10 - Oct 29, 2009
- Patel talks truce, but Air India pilots' strike to continue (Fourth Lead) - Sep 29, 2009
- Air India to pay employees incentive before Diwali - Oct 22, 2010
- Air India strike continues, management to meet pilots' faction (Lead) - Sep 28, 2009
- Talks begin between Air India management, pilots (Second Lead) - Sep 28, 2009
Tags: air india, arvind, corporate directors, crunch, executive directors, general managers, gesture, internal memo, jadhav, labour union, liquidity, month of july, national carrier, paisa, senior executives, senior officials, spokesperson, strategic business unit, top executives, top management