Air France says sorry to Indian passengersMay 14th, 2009 - 4:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) Air France Thursday apologised for “all inconveniences” suffered by its passengers - mostly Indians - due to a long delay in a Paris-Mumbai flight Sunday.
“Air France apologises for the ill-treatment meted out to passengers and understands the annoyance expressed by some of them. Exceptional circumstances made the situation particularly difficult,” the airline said in a statement.
The Air France Airbus-A330 flight AF 218, carrying 169 passengers and 12 crew members, left the the Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris at 12.45 p.m. Sunday, but returned after the pilot noticed some vibrations emanating from the cargo hold enroute.
Later, some Indian passengers complained that they were “ill-treated” during their stay at the airport Sunday night. They also accused the airline of racial bias.
“The airline did not give any reason for the delay and dumped all Indians in a small room,” an Indian passenger said after reaching Mumbai Tuesday.
All passengers were transferred to another Air France flight AF-218A Monday. It left Paris at 2.15 p.m. Monday and arrived in Mumbai early Tuesday.
However, the airline said its employees provided assistance to all passengers, who were offered beverages, snacks and amenity kits.
“The passengers were subsequently transferred to their hotels and informed of the flight departure time for the following day. But 52 of them were unfortunately obliged to remain in the airside section of the terminal until 5 a.m. as they needed visas,” it added.
- Air France denies ill-treatment of passengers (Lead) - May 12, 2009
- US-based Continental Airlines 'responsible' for 2000 Concorde crash: Paris court - Dec 06, 2010
- European holiday makers' plans hit by heavy snowfall (Lead) - Dec 20, 2010
- Indian passengers accuse Air France of ill-treatment - May 12, 2009
- Passengers stuck as volcanic ash spreads across Europe (Second lead) - Apr 16, 2010
- 90 percent of Air India's domestic flights disrupted Sunday - May 01, 2011
- Snow and ice blanket Britain - Feb 05, 2012
- First plane leaves Beirut after volcanic ash disruption - Apr 19, 2010
- Heavy fog disrupts flights, trains in Delhi (Lead) - Dec 26, 2010
- Kingfisher shuts shop in Lucknow: Airport officials - Mar 26, 2012
- Heavy fog hit hard air, rail traffic (Evening Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- Air India cancels 150 flights as pilots continue strike (Second Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Flights delayed at Delhi as T3 has blackout - Aug 07, 2011
- Air India pilots call off stir (Intro Roundup) - Jan 14, 2012
- European economy gets hit by massive snowfall (Second Lead) - Dec 20, 2010
Tags: air france, air france airbus, air france flight, airbus a330, amenity kits, annoyance, apologised, apologises, charles de gaulle, charles de gaulle airport, crew members, de gaulle airport, early tuesday, exceptional circumstances, flight departure time, ill treatment, inconveniences, paris mumbai, racial bias, vibrations