Air China announces second daily nonstop Los Angeles-Beijing flightJanuary 14th, 2011 - 12:18 am ICT by BNO News
EL SEGUNDO, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) — Air China on Wednesday announced that a second daily nonstop flight from Los Angeles to Beijing will increase travel options between the nation.
The flight, operated with a Boeing 747-400, is to begin its route on September 1 and is scheduled to arrive at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) at 11 a.m. local time. It will then turn around and depart for Beijing at 1.20 p.m LA time.
This additional flight will not only double the choices for passengers, especially business travelers bound for Beijing or onward to domestic Chinese cities, but will also further create connections to important Asian destinations as India, Vietnam, the Philippines, Thailand, among others.
“Our second flight out of LAX will allow passengers to conveniently and easily proceed to other cities in China, Asia and elsewhere in the world, effectively increasing our competitiveness, market share and penetration,” said Dr. Zhihang Chi, Air China’s Vice President and General Manger for North America.
“Beijing and beyond will be well served by this new flight, making China’s capital city a true global hub,” Chi added, as a study by the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation showed that an international nonstop flight contributes $623 million annually to the local economy and supports 3,100 local jobs.
On March 26, 2010, Air China made a major investment in the California economy when it inaugurated its 100 percent company-owned building in El Segundo, California, the headquarters for the airline’s North America operations.
The international carrier’s growth in North America also extends to its Vancouver gateway. On March 27, 2011, Air China will increase the Vancouver-Beijing flight frequency from 10 to 12 per week.
- American Airlines and American Eagle to expand its Los Angeles service - Oct 20, 2010
- Qantas to start world's longest 747 route - Jan 29, 2011
- Air India to bring back 383 more Indians from Japan - Mar 17, 2011
- Emirates launches flights to Vietnam - Jan 05, 2012
- Air India begins non-stop flights from Canada - Nov 02, 2010
- Vietnamese airliner hosts mid-air bikini pageant - Aug 09, 2012
- Qantas' flight woes continue as fault forces US-bound jet to divert to Fiji - Jan 19, 2011
- 380 Indians to return from Japan Saturday - Mar 19, 2011
- 212 more Indians return from Egypt - Feb 03, 2011
- Vietnamese man opens plane's emergency exit on runway - Nov 07, 2011
- Over 4,000 cities to turn off lights during Earth Hour - Mar 25, 2011
- Air China to launch Chengdu-Mumbai direct flight - Mar 01, 2012
- Mitt Romney attacked on a flight - Feb 17, 2010
- Thai Airways launches cargo aircraft - Apr 12, 2012
- Air India to run special flights to Japan - Mar 16, 2011
Tags: air china, asian destinations, bno, boeing 747 400, business travelers, california economy, china asia, chinese cities, cities in china, county economic development, economic development corporation, el segundo, global hub, international carrier, los angeles county, los angeles county economic development corporation, los angeles international airport, nonstop flight, north america operations, travel options