Air Asia launches variety of food In-FlightJune 28th, 2008 - 1:14 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
The “In-Flight Food Experience” event was held at the Borneo Baruk Club in Kuala Lumpur, by the presence of local celebrities, and celebrated food expert chef Ismail unveiling wider choices of hot meals made available on AirAsia flights.
The regional menu offers a wide range of Malaysian and Asian delicacies. Served hot and fresh, the menu provide choices that are guaranteed to satisfy the guests.
Sri Melur Jaya’s nasi briyani with chicken curry, roti canai and roti jala are also available, all prepared fresh from the best ingredients available.
The new dishes soon to be available are chicken rice, and Indonesian fried rice with satay.
Its chairman, Datuk Aziz Bakar, said: “There is nothing better than a good selection of hot meals on board. “The best thing is, you can have it at 30,000ft.”We have a new Airbus fleet, supple leather seats, spacious cabins and the new on time guarantee which makes perfect air travel a dream come true. “Among the delicacies available on our Thai flights are roasted chicken in French bread, crab stick and ebiko sandwich, chicken fried rice, rice with chicken krapro with healthy drinks; lemon, lemon grass and ginger juices. Indonesia flights can have a choice of nasi kuning, chicken, beef and tuna sandwiches. Passengers may pre-book their meals online at www.airasia.comwhen buying their tickets.
- Ex-Malay air stewardess runs thriving food business in South India - Mar 28, 2011
- Finnair to test new menu - May 31, 2012
- A gastronomic treat for Messi and co. - Sep 01, 2011
- Roll Mexican 'roti' with Peruvian fish in Indian kitchen (Eating out with IANS) - Jun 22, 2010
- Mumbai, a city that never stops eating! - May 21, 2012
- KFC to keep the 'Double down Sandwich' on its menu - May 21, 2010
- Frying perfect potato chips sans oil! - Sep 10, 2010
- Fish to brinjal fry...take your pick at Puja (Feature) - Oct 03, 2011
- South Indian bread tickling many a palate in China - Aug 31, 2010
- Thali goes quick-eat in world of corporate bites (With Images) - Aug 21, 2011
- Philips 'AirFryer' uses hot air to make chips without any oil - Sep 10, 2010
- A mouthful of 'tricolour' dishes (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Athletes find food at Games Village 'divine' - Oct 01, 2010
- Apple in toffee syrup or marshmallows? Take your Easter pick - Apr 05, 2012
- Tandoori versus sorpotel: Goan cuisine on collision path (Eating Out With IANS) - Apr 15, 2011