Air Arabia to start daily flights to KenyaMarch 14th, 2011 - 1:22 am ICT by IANS
Sharjah, March 13 (IANS/WAM) Air Arabia has announced the expansion of its services to Nairobi from its Sharjah hub in the UAE and will now operate daily flights to the Kenyan capital.
Air Arabia, the first and largest low-cost carrier (LCC) in the Middle East and North Africa, started its operations in Kenya in Oct 2008 with three flights a week.
AK Nizar, Head of Commercial Department, Air Arabia, in a press release said, “We are extremely pleased to announce the expansion of our service between Sharjah and the Kenyan capital, Nairobi which will further enhance the air travel options for the residents of both Countries.”
Air Arabia presently offers four flights a week to Nairobi.
Starting April 7, 2011, the carrier will offer direct flights seven times a week, departing Sharjah International Airport daily at 9.30 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, flights will depart Sharjah at 18.00 p.m..
Return flights will depart Kenya’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport at 14.05 p.m. and 23.25 p.m. respectively.
- Air Arabia Egypt launches Istanbul flights - Jun 25, 2011
- UAE, Kenya sign pact on avoiding double taxation - Nov 23, 2011
- Air Arabia starts direct flight to Russia - Oct 23, 2011
- Air Arabia bags Indian award - Dec 28, 2011
- UAE signs open skies pact with Djibouti - Feb 11, 2011
- Etihad launches flights to Nairobi - Apr 03, 2012
- Air Arabia to increase frequency from Nagpur - May 29, 2012
- Kenya seizes Nigeria-bound 600 kg illegal ivory - Jun 23, 2012
- Air Arabia takes off to Najaf - Jun 06, 2010
- Air Arabia launches holiday package to Kenya - May 10, 2011
- Crew rostering goof up by Air India delays flights - Jun 07, 2011
- Air Arabia Q2 profit at $30 mn - Aug 08, 2010
- Jordan to launch first low-cost carrier - Jun 08, 2010
- Air Arabia introduces new baggage policy - Jun 24, 2012
- UAE holds talks with Kenya, Netherlands - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: air arabia, direct flights, fridays, jomo kenyatta, jomo kenyatta international airport, kenyan capital nairobi, kenyatta international airport, lcc, low cost carrier, nizar, north africa, return flights, saturdays, seven times, sharjah international airport, thursdays, travel options, vm, wam, wednesdays