Air Arabia takes off for New DelhiMarch 31st, 2008 - 1:26 pm ICT by admin
Dubai, March 31 (IANS) The Middle East’s first budget airline Air Arabia launched its services to New Delhi Monday, its 11th destination in India. “The launch of service today demonstrates our commitment to the Indian market,” head of Air Arabia’s commercial department A.K. Nizar said here.
“This is our 11th destination in India, making us the leading Middle East-based carrier to serve India and the wider South Asia region,” he said.
The daily flights will depart Air Arabia’s hub, Sharjah, at 9.55 a.m. local time and arrive in New Delhi at 2.30 p.m. IST, an Air Arabia statement said.
Return flights will depart New Delhi at 3.15 p.m. IST and arrive in Sharjah at 5 p.m. local time.
“Our comprehensive Indian destination network now includes the country’s leading financial, tourist and government centres. Combined with our network stretching across the Middle East, North Africa and Central Asia, we are the leading airline linking these vibrant regions’ economies and peoples,” Nazir said.
There are around 1.4 million expatriate Indians in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and 5.5 million overall across the Gulf.
The other cities Air Arabia flies to in India are Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Jaipur, Kochi, Kozhikode, Mumbai, Nagpur and Thiruvananthapuram.
- Air Arabia to increase frequency from Nagpur - May 29, 2012
- Air Arabia to start daily flights to Kenya - Mar 14, 2011
- Air Arabia bags Indian award - Dec 28, 2011
- Air Arabia Egypt launches Istanbul flights - Jun 25, 2011
- Air Arabia starts direct flight to Russia - Oct 23, 2011
- Air Arabia launches holiday package to Kenya - May 10, 2011
- IndiGo launches Dubai-Hyderabad daily flight - Aug 07, 2012
- Jet Airways to start direct Delhi-Milan flight Dec 5 - Sep 23, 2010
- Jet adds two international flights, takes daily roster to 100 - Feb 14, 2011
- Air Arabia to run two Delhi-Sharjah flights daily - Aug 29, 2012
- JetBlue fined $90,000 for violating passenger rights - Aug 22, 2012
- Air Arabia announces low-fare festive bonanza for Indians - Oct 07, 2009
- Flydubai launches Hyderabad-Dubai flights - Jun 15, 2011
- Air Arabia to connect 13 Indian cities to Odessa - Sep 05, 2012
- Air India pilots call in sick, passengers stranded (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
Tags: air arabia, budget airline, central asia, coimbatore, destination network, expatriate indians, government centres, indian destination, kozhikode, launch, nagpur, New Delhi, nizar, north africa, return flights, sharjah, south asia region, thiruvananthapuram, united arab emirates, vibrant regions