Aida Cruises to launch new linerMarch 11th, 2008 - 9:10 pm ICT by admin
Rostock (Germany), March 11 (DPA) Aida Cruises has released its 2009/2010 catalogue highlighting trips on the new liner “Aidaluna,” which will make Baltic Sea trips starting in 2009, visiting Hamburg, Kiev, Oslo and Copenhagen. The 252-metre long “Luna,” with a passenger capacity of 1,025, will have its maiden voyage on March 22, 2009 - a 14-day trip to Palma de Mallorca, where the line’s sixth ship will be christened during a ceremony April 4-5.
Germany’s biggest cruise line has added four south-east Asian routes. Fourteen-day trips between Bangkok and Singapore on the Aidacara will be offered between October 2009 and April 2010.
Other new Asian destinations include the Red Sea and along India’s western coast.
Additionally, Aida will offer a few cruises off the beaten path in 2009 and 2010, including a 15-day cruise on the Aidaaura that follows the path of the Vikings from Hamburg to New York via Iceland and Greenland.
A series of four-day trips are also available for travellers with less time to spare.
The Aidacara and the Aidaluna will make 11 such trips to destinations in the North and Baltic seas from May to September 2009. An additional 16 short trips to the Mediterranean Sea are planned with the Aidavita and the Aidabella.
- Cruise ships attract 26,500 tourists to Dubai - Jun 24, 2010
- Wildfire rages on Spanish island of Ibiza - May 27, 2011
- Russian professors jailed for selling missile secrets to China - Jun 20, 2012
- Hitler 'planned world's largest holiday resort inspired by Butlins' - Apr 28, 2011
- Goa to attract ocean cruise liners - Apr 05, 2012
- For Wimbledon final, Murray ready to miss pal Haye's clash with Klitschko in Germany - Apr 25, 2011
- Russian Navy to receive 10 diesel submarines by 2020 - Nov 22, 2011
- Russia restricts Belarusian airline - Apr 06, 2012
- New port terminal set to boost Dubai cruise tourism - Jan 30, 2010
- Joachim Gauck elected German president - Mar 18, 2012
- India will soon be back on high growth path: Chidambaram - Jul 10, 2012
- Goa businessmen look to Australia for tourism development - Aug 24, 2012
- Man attempts to open plane's door - Sep 16, 2011
- Indians spend more on hotel stay than Europeans - Apr 13, 2011
- Second stealth warship joins Russian Navy - Oct 14, 2011
Tags: aida cruises, aidavita, asian destinations, baltic sea, baltic seas, beaten path, cruise line, day trip, day trips, germany march, kiev, maiden voyage, mediterranean sea, palma de mallorca, red sea, rostock germany, sea trips, short trips, sixth ship, vikings