AI flight with technical snag lands safelyMarch 19th, 2012 - 7:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 19 (IANS) An Air India flight reported a “technical failure” a few minutes before landing but managed to land safely at Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Monday afternoon, an official said.
The Chennai-Mumbai flight AI 672 reported a “technical failure” a few minutes before landing.
However, the flight landed without any untoward developments and with no injuries to any of the 118 passengers on board, the official said.
Airport officials described the incident was “minor” and said there were no disruptions in normal flight operations.
However, they declined to specify if an emergency was declared at the airport saying details were being collected from the concerned authorities.
- Spicejet flight makes precautionary landing - Apr 13, 2012
- Air India flight makes emergency landing in Pakistan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 09, 2012
- Emirates flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai - Jul 27, 2011
- Spicejet flight makes emergency landing - Sep 03, 2011
- Emergency landing: India in touch with mission in Pakistan - Jul 09, 2012
- Mumbai-bound plane hit by bird, lands safely - Oct 21, 2010
- Plane makes emergency landing after bird hit - Aug 20, 2011
- Turkish Airlines plane skids; Mumbai airport shut till Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Mumbai Airport to close for reconstruction work - Feb 25, 2012
- AI ground staff bunk duties, flights hit - Apr 05, 2012
- Mumbai airport main runway shut till 11 p.m. Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Flight grounded at Mumbai Airport since Monday - May 31, 2011
- Jet flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai - Nov 04, 2010
- Mumbai airport shuts down for five hours - Apr 30, 2011
- Heavy rains lash Mumbai, Maharashtra (Lead) - Aug 28, 2011
Tags: air india, air india flight, airport officials, authorities, chennai, chhatrapati shivaji international airport, disruptions, few minutes, flight operations, march 19, monday afternoon, technical failure, technical snag