AI entitled to $145 m from Boeing for delayed aircraft: RaviAugust 10th, 2011 - 10:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 10 (IANS) The government Wednesday said that national carrier Air India is entitled to receive compensation worth $145 million for delay in delivery of aircraft ordered by the airline.
“As per the purchase agreement, Air India is entitled to receive compensation amount totalling to $145 million towards liquidated damages,” Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi informed the Lok Sabha.
Ravi added: “Boeing has submitted a proposal for settlement of B-787 delay compensation.”
According to Ravi, the various internal issues faced by American aircraft manufacturer Boeing had led to the delay in deliveries of Boeing 737-800 and Boeing 777s by one to four months.
“As regards the B-787, the delay has been on account of structural deficiencies in the hull of the aircraft that required modification,” Ravi said.
- Cabinet approves delivery of 27 B-787 aircraft to Air India - Aug 03, 2012
- Boeing to deliver 100 aircraft to India in five years - Mar 14, 2012
- Air India's Dreamliner to be in service from Sep 19 - Sep 12, 2012
- Air India gets second Dreamliner, plans to start new routes - Sep 19, 2012
- B-787 Dreamliner in Air India livery to be showcased next month - Feb 27, 2012
- Air India to lease out fuel guzzling 777s - Jun 12, 2012
- Air India's first Dreamliner arrives after 4-year wait - Sep 08, 2012
- Air India negotiating for 'just compensation' for Boeing-787 delays - May 23, 2011
- Air India, Boeing negotiate 'just compensation' for delays (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Air India won't take Dreamliners till compensation fixed (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Air India to get demo-trial on Boeing 787 next week - Jul 06, 2011
- 'Air India won't take Dreamliners till compensation fixed' - May 29, 2012
- India expects to induct first 787 Dreamliner this month - Aug 19, 2012
- First Dreamliner aircraft delivered to Air India in the US - Sep 06, 2012
- Cabinet to decide on Boeing 787 compensation offer (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: air india, aircraft manufacturer, airline, american aircraft, boeing, boeing 737 800, boeing 777s, carrier air, civil aviation, damages, deficiencies, delay compensation, deliveries, four months, Lok Sabha, national carrier, New Delhi, proposal, purchase agreement, vayalar ravi