Ahamed to oversee passenger amenities, complaints in railway ministryJune 16th, 2009 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 16 (IANS) Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee has allocated work to her two junior ministers, E. Ahamed and K.H. Muniyappa, while herself overseeing important states like Jammu and Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh and her native West Bengal. Train punctualilty, cleanliness and passenger amenities would be looked after by Ahamed, who was earlier Minister of State for External Affairs.
An official statement issued here Tuesday said Banerjee will keep states like Jammu and Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and her home state West Bengal under her direct supervision, while the two ministers of state will handle seven states each.
She has allocated Bihar, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand, Assam and Jharkhand to Ahmed, while Muniyappa has been entrusted with Karnataka, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana and Madhya Pradesh.
Complaints regarding passenger amenities, train punctuality and cleanliness will be looked after by Ahamed, while Muniyappa will deal with complaints regarding freight traffic, railway safety and security issues, the statement said.
- Mamata does a balancing act with her deputies - Jun 16, 2009
- Prime minister concerned over unmanned railway crossings - Jun 01, 2011
- Opposition slams government over 'political vacuum' in rail ministry (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Ignoring PM directive, Mukul Roy leaves for Junglemahal - Jul 12, 2011
- 'Railways working to improve standard of cleanliness, amenities in trains' - Aug 12, 2010
- Railway want PPP mode for high speed trains - Nov 04, 2011
- Mamata's rail budget promises growth with human face(Lead) - Feb 25, 2011
- Rail budget not biased towards West Bengal: Mamata - Feb 25, 2011
- No person should die in a train accident: Dinesh Trivedi - Jul 12, 2011
- Budget pro-people, projects for all parts of India: Mamata - Feb 25, 2011
- 'Railways cannot be run on auto pilot' - Aug 20, 2010
- No fare hikes, 52 new trains announced in India's rail budget (Roundup) - Feb 24, 2010
- Rail Budget is pro-people, says Mamata - Feb 25, 2011
- Mumbai suburban commuters assured of better facilities (With Image) - Jun 10, 2011
- Stress on safety, security, punctuality: Mukul Roy - Mar 26, 2012
Tags: assam, chhattisgarh, external affairs, freight traffic, gujarat, jammu and kashmir, jharkhand, junior ministers, maharashtra, mamata banerjee, minister of state, ministers of state, passenger amenities, punctuality, railway minister, railway safety, tamil nadu, uttar pradesh, uttarakhand, west bengal