AgustaWestland sells two more VIP helicopters in IndiaFebruary 9th, 2011 - 11:42 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Feb 9 (IANS) AgustaWestland, a subsidiary of Italian aerospace major Finmeccanica focusing on helicopter manufacturing, Wednesday announced that it has sold two more AW-139 medium twin-engined helicopters to Indian customers.The firm said that Indian infrastructure major Adani Group had signed a contract for one AW-139 to perform VIP and corporate transport missions, while the second helicopter had been bought by another corporate customer, which it did not want to name at the moment.
“These latest orders bring the total number of AW-139s sold in India to 20 and continues the sales achieved by AgustaWestland’s range of helicopters in the Indian commercial market. The company has been doing business in India for 40 years and in the last five years, over 50 commercial aircraft have been sold comprising AW-119Ke single-engine, AW-109 Power and Grand light twin-engine and AW-139 medium twin engine helicopters,” the company said.
A new generation medium twin-turbine helicopter, AW-139 has been designed with inherent multi-role capability and flexibility of operation, offering unmatched performance and safety levels as well as the largest and the most comfortable cabin in its class.
State-of-the-art avionics equipment and outstanding performance enable the AW-139 to accomplish its mission in the most demanding conditions. The AW-139 has found a huge market in India, especially for VIP-corporate and offshore transport purposes.
Orders for some 500 AW-139s have been placed by nearly 140 customers from around 50 countries for many applications, including emergency medical evacuation, search and rescue, law enforcement, fire fighting, utility and other commercial and government roles.
- AgustaWestland unveils new-generation chopper at Farnborough - Jul 21, 2010
- Karl Lagerfeld to design helicopters? - Apr 07, 2012
- Dhumal flies high on Congress MP's chopper - May 05, 2011
- India scrambles after Italy probes VVIP chopper deal - Feb 24, 2012
- IAF pilots training on VIP helicopters in Britain (With Images) - Jul 17, 2012
- Indian Rotocraft starts building chopper production centre in Hyderabad - Mar 15, 2012
- Antony seeks report on pay-off in Italian chopper deal - Apr 25, 2012
- AgustaWestland-Tata establish JV for assembling choppers - Feb 16, 2010
- Sikorsky offers military choppers to India (With image) - Mar 04, 2012
- Navy floats $900 mn tender for utility choppers - Aug 10, 2012
- Russia to sell 52 choppers to China - Sep 06, 2012
- Healthcare firms eye choppers as air ambulances - Jan 06, 2011
- IAF chopper fleet to fly high with 300 new machines - Mar 03, 2011
- IAF combat and heavy-lift chopper trials to begin by July - May 30, 2010
- Pawan Hans receives Eurocopters's 1,000th Dauphin (With Image) - Apr 19, 2011
Tags: adani group, aerospace, commercial aircraft, corporate customer, corporate transport, doing business in india, finmeccanica, government roles, huge market, india bangalore, indian customers, indian infrastructure, medical evacuation, new generation, safety levels, search and rescue, turbine helicopter, twin engine helicopters, twin turbine, unmatched performance