Agra builder pays Rs.367 mn income tax after raidAugust 14th, 2008 - 3:59 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, Aug 14 (IANS) A builder from Agra has paid Rs.367 million in income tax after a raid revealed his undeclared assets worth Rs.100 million, officials said Thursday. The income tax officials confirmed a cheque of Rs.367 million or Rs.3.67 crores had been received from Nikhil Estates after a search and seizure survey Tuesday evening that continued till late Wednesday.
They said this was one of the biggest catches in this region.
The Nikhil group, active in the hospitality sector here, is engaged in developing townships and also runs an engineering college.
- Black money worth Rs.300 crore unearthed - Dec 20, 2011
- Mammootty, Mohanlal together have Rs.30 crore undisclosed income - Aug 12, 2011
- Income tax raids on pharma company - May 28, 2011
- Rs.200 crore tax evasion detected - Mar 16, 2010
- IT raids at builders' premises in Madhya Pradesh - Apr 16, 2010
- Koda told to pay Rs.1,200 crore in income tax dues - Jan 02, 2012
- 'Jharkhand legislator, brother own Rs.100 mn in undeclared assets' - Sep 19, 2009
- A jail superintendent worth Rs.3 crores! - Mar 01, 2012
- CBI nabs another Mumbai IT officer in Rs.15 mn bribe case - Apr 19, 2010
- Onion prices: Surveys yield over Rs.70 mn in Punjab - Jan 13, 2011
- Cash found less than Rs.50,000, says Priyanka Chopra's accountant - Jan 29, 2011
- IT raids on superstars Mammootty, Mohanlal on (Roundup) - Jul 23, 2011
- Pakistan singer Rahat Ali to face Revenue Intelligence in Delhi - Feb 18, 2011
- Fake I-T refunds racket cracked - Apr 16, 2012
- Congress flays Madhya Pradesh BJP leader for tax evasion - Jan 08, 2011