After Nano car, co-branded phones, watches, Tees await customersMarch 23rd, 2009 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 23 (IANS) A host of co-branded merchandise, including watches, T-shirts and phones, will be tagged with the Nano brand, Tata group officials announced Monday while unveiling the commercial launch of their “People’s Car”.
“The Tata Nano comes with an attractive range of accessories and merchandise,” said Rajiv Dubey, president of the company’s passenger cars division. He said Tata Motors will use a host of unconventional strategies, not common in the country, to reach out to their customers.
The range of merchandise includes Nano phone, Nano watch and T-shirts, officials said, adding these will be made available both on the dedicated website for the small car as well as at all Tata Motors passenger car dealerships, and Westside apparel and Croma appliances outlets.
“Tata Indicom too will market the Nano phone, and Titan the Nano watch,” Dubey said, adding: “Accessories will include alloy wheels, body kits, decals to customise the Tata Nano to individual tastes.”
He said some other advertising-related strategies will include the use of the ‘Nano” logo for the briefs sections in newspapers, advertising through search engines and pictures of the small car on dedicated portals.
Some of these co-branded schemes are likely to be announced Tuesday, Tata officials said.
- Bookings for small car Nano begin Thursday (Lead) - Apr 08, 2009
- Bookings for Tata Nano begin Thursday - Apr 08, 2009
- Another first by Nano: online booking (Lead) - Mar 27, 2009
- Another first by Nano: online booking - Mar 27, 2009
- Nano's Gujarat plant to be ready by year-end - Mar 23, 2009
- Tata Motors tweaks Nano, claims improved mileage - Nov 21, 2011
- Shirts, jackets, sofa covers sell in name of F1 - Oct 26, 2011
- A factsheet on the Tata Group - Nov 24, 2011
- Fiat to expand presence in Indian market - May 09, 2012
- Tata Teleservices integrates all services under Tata DOCOMO - Oct 19, 2011
- Tata Motors' August sales down three percent - Sep 01, 2011
- Tata Motors launch Manza, Prima in South Africa - Oct 07, 2011
- Fiat to manage distribution of Indian subsidiary - May 02, 2012
- Nano tops Tata Motors sales in April - May 01, 2011
- Tata Motor Finance to provide financial services to Fiat cars - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: alloy wheels, attractive range, body kits, branded merchandise, briefs, car co, car dealerships, croma, dubey, launch, passenger car, passenger cars, rajiv, search engines, small car, tata group, tata indicom, tata motors, titan, unconventional strategies