After bail, 2G case accused honchos look relaxedNovember 24th, 2011 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 24 (IANS) A day after getting bail in the 2G case, five corporate executives who appeared before the special court here Thursday looked relaxed and were formally dressed, quite unlike the days when they were in judicial custody.
They were accompanied by their family members.
“Today is a different day. There is no jail van, no constable and no going back to jail and sleeping on floor. I am happy, finally justice has been done to us,” said one of the executives, on condition of anonymity.
The Supreme Court Wednesday granted bail to five corporate executives and co-accused in the case — Sanjay Chandra of Unitech Wireless, Vinod Goenka of Swan Telecom and Reliance Group’s Gautam Doshi, Surendra Pipara and Hari Nair. Nine accused are still behind bars.
In the Delhi High Court, DMK MP Kanimozhi and five others whose plea for early hearing on their bail applications was allowed by the court also exuded confidence.
Justice V.K. Shali said that the matter would be heard Friday morning.
Defence counsel said that as the CBI was not opposing the bail pleas and it was at the discretion of the court to give relief to the accused.
Besides Kanimozhi, Kalaignar TV chief Sharad Kumar, Cineyug Films’ Karim Morani, Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt. Ltd. directors Asif Balwa and Rajiv B. Agarwal, along with former telecom secretary Siddharth Behura had moved bail applications, originally slated for a Dec 1 hearing.
Former telecom minister A. Raja who refused to cross-examine prosecution witnesses till the probe was complete said that he would move his bail application after Kanimozhi gets bail.
- Bail hearing of Kanimozhi, five others deferred till Monday (Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- Bail pleas of Kanimozhi, five others to be heard Friday - Nov 24, 2011
- Kanimozhi, five others move court for early bail hearing - Nov 23, 2011
- Bail hearing of five corporates in 2G case to resume Wednesday - May 02, 2011
- Cineyug's Morani asked to approach trial court for bail - May 03, 2011
- 2G case: Delhi High Court stays Chandolia's bail (Second Lead) - Dec 02, 2011
- 2G case: Kanimozhi, four others get bail - Nov 28, 2011
- Kanimozhi, four others get bail, Karunanidhi beams (Roundup) - Nov 28, 2011
- Cineyug director Morani seeks anticipatory bail - May 02, 2011
- Bail hearing of Kanimozhi, five others deferred till Monday (Second Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- Bail hearing of five corporates in 2G case Monday - May 06, 2011
- 2G case: No bail for Balwas, Rajiv Aggarwal (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- 2G case: Decision on Chandolia's bail plea Thursday (Lead) - Nov 30, 2011
- 2G scam: Bail pleas of five corporate honchos rejected (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Five executives' bail hearing in 2G case to resume Monday - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: bail pleas, corporate executives, defence counsel, delhi high court, different day, doshi, fruits and vegetables, gautam, goenka, hari nair, judicial custody, morani, prosecution witnesses, reliance group, shali, siddharth, surendra, tv chief, unitech, vinod