Afghanistan minister shores up investor confidenceJune 28th, 2012 - 3:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 27 (IANS) In an attempt to dispel fears over security, Afghanistan Thursday said investors would not only be rewarded with significant returns but also play an important role in the restoration of peace and stability within the region.
This appeal was made by Afghan Foreign Minister Zalmai Rassoul at the daylong Delhi Investment Summit on Afghanistan here.
“It is important to note that investors who choose to invest in Afghanistan will not only be rewarded with significant returns on their investments, but they will also play a vital role in the restoration of peace and security within the region,” Rassoul said at the inaugural event of the summit.
Despite the high levels of return on investments and efforts and measures to create enabling environment for investment, he said, concern on security was a major factor and had a significant impact on the level of investor interest in Afghanistan.
“While it is true that there are certain areas in Afghanistan where the security situation is not ideal, we should remember that these areas represent a small part of the country,” he said.
Stressing that the Afghan government was endeavouring to ensure the security and safety of the population, infrastructure and investments in all other parts of the country, he said it was also striving to restore complete security to all provinces in the process.
“As the transition to Afghan leadership is underway, I would like to draw your attention to one important aspect of an inter-linked relationship between economic growth and security,” he said.
“I believe greater investments results in increased economic national activities in any country including, but not limited to, additional revenues, job creation, income generation opportunities which in turn leads to increased prosperity and service delivery,” he said.
Rassoul also pointed out that it was widely recognised, and noticed throughout history, that greater wealth creation and prosperity had a direct impact on improving security in a country and within its region.
- Afghanistan woos Indian investors assuring high returns (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Shed fear, invest in Afghan opportunity: India (Roundup) - Jun 28, 2012
- Afghanistan seeks Indian equipment for security forces (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- India bats for investments in Afghanistan (Factfile) (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- India pushes Afghanistan's economic rejuvination (Factfile) - Jun 28, 2012
- Afghanistan seeks Indian equipment for security forces (Roundup) - May 01, 2012
- Foreign Minister Krishna visits Afghanistan - Jan 08, 2011
- India's security entwined with Afghanistan's stability: Krishna - May 01, 2012
- Anand Sharma to lead business team to Afghanistan - Jun 28, 2012
- Pak asks Afghanistan to stop use of its soil for fanning insurgency in Balochistan - Jun 26, 2010
- India invites Pakistan for regional meet on Afghanistan - Jun 08, 2012
- India reiterates long-term partnership with Afghanistan - Sep 15, 2011
- India, Afghanistan assert determination to defeat terrorism - Aug 25, 2010
- India may invite Pakistan for regional meet on Afghanistan - May 02, 2012
- Pakistan condemns Taliban attacks in Afghanistan - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: afghan government, complete security, daylong, foreign minister, inaugural event, income generation, investment summit, investments results, investor confidence, investor interest, job creation, peace and stability, prosp, rassoul, return on investments, security and safety, security situation, service delivery, significant impact, wealth creation