Advent invests $105 million in CARE HospitalsApril 2nd, 2012 - 8:39 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, April 2 (IANS) Advent International, one of the world’s leading global private equity firms, Monday announced that it is investing $105 million (Rs.523 crore) in Hyderabad-based CARE Hospitals by acquiring shares from existing investors.
The business will continue to be run by the founders following Advent’s investment, said a statement from Advent International.
CARE is the largest multi-specialty hospital chain in south India. It is ranked five by number of beds and by revenue in India and has a significant market position in Andhra Pradesh.
“From a 100-bed single specialty facility focusing on cardiac care, CARE has become a multi-specialty hospital group comprising 1,590 beds across 11 hospitals. Our partnership with Advent provides us with the required resources and support to expand our presence and reiterates our commitment in providing the best in healthcare with compassion, to more people in India,” said CARE Hospitals founder B.Soma Raju.
“Through this union, Advent brings relevant global experience to support CARE’s expansion plans in India. CARE aspires to match the best international benchmarks in healthcare delivery and we are committed to supporting them in this endeavour,” said Georg Stratenwerth, managing director, Advent India PE Advisors Pvt Ltd.
CARE has hospitals in Vishakhapatnam, Raipur, Bhubaneshwar, Nagpur, Surat and Pune along with Hyderabad, and is poised for further growth and expansion in tier II cities, added the release.
- Health minister inaugurates hospital in Mumbai - Nov 01, 2010
- Hiranandanis to set up multi-speciality hospital in Thane - Sep 16, 2011
- Ganga Ram Trust chairman dead - Sep 03, 2012
- Fortis announces two new hospitals in Hyderabad, Agra - Nov 17, 2011
- Fortis Healthcare to buy sister arm Fortis International - Sep 19, 2011
- Fortis launches four more hospitals - Aug 29, 2011
- Tamil Nadu hospital limping back to normalcy after blaze - Sep 06, 2012
- Shanta Kumar's trust-run hospital opens in Himachal - Jul 24, 2012
- Team to market India as medical tourism destination in Britain - Jul 18, 2010
- Dutch varsity to do research in eye care in India - Aug 22, 2012
- 480 health facilities to be set up on railway lands - Feb 05, 2010
- ICT solutions to transform healthcare, bridge India's rural-urban health divide - May 10, 2010
- Srikon announces home-based primary care - Mar 28, 2012
- Indian-American doctor offers healthcare solutions for India - Aug 13, 2012
- Azharuddin's son remains critical - Sep 13, 2011
Tags: advent international, benchmarks, cardiac care, care hospitals, crore, endeavour, expansion plans, global experience, healthcare delivery, hospital group, market position, private equity firms, pune, pvt ltd, raipur, raju, south india, specialty hospital, surat, tier ii