Advanced Bolero to attract more buyersSeptember 9th, 2011 - 6:09 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 9 (IANS) Automobile manufacturer Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd (M&M;) is targeting owners of hatchback and sedan cars with an advanced model of its sports utility vehicle (SUV) Bolero, a company official here in Tamil Nadu said Friday.
“The Bolero is fitted with a new engine and has additional technological features. With these features, we will target owners of hatchback and sedan cars,” Senior Vice President (marketing and automotive sector) Vivek Nayer told reporters here.
“Till now the vehicle was targeted at small businessmen, traders, semi-urban and up-country markets,” he said while launching the new model in the state.
Bolero sold 83,112 units last year, he said.
“It is one of the top-10 passenger vehicle brands and the only SUV in that list. Barring Bolero and Dzire, the other top eight models are small cars,” Nayer said.
The project cost for the model revamp is around Rs.50 crore and the new engine will also be fitted in other models rolled out by the company, Nayer said.
The new Bolero is available at a price from Rs.638,000 (ex-showroom Chennai).
Launched in 2000, Bolero was repositioned in 2007 as an entry-level SUV.
M&M; had also launched a pick-up truck under the Bolero brand.
The company would launch a model called XUV 500 this December, Nayer said.
- Mahindra to launch SsangYong SUVs by next year - Sep 05, 2011
- Mahindra receives more than 5,000 bookings for XUV5OO - Oct 07, 2011
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- Mahindra and Mahindra receives 5,900 SUV bookings - Jan 27, 2012
- Mahindra launches premium sports utility vehicle XUV500 - Sep 29, 2011
- Eon, XUV 500 and Brio most online searched cars: Survey - Jun 05, 2012
- Mahindra to target captive segment for Genio pickup - Jan 28, 2011
- July auto sales slump as interest rates, fuel prices rise (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2011
- Mahindra to re-open XUV bookings in January - Dec 03, 2011
- General Motors to launch six new car models by 2013 - Jan 28, 2011
- Renault launches compact SUV Duster - Jul 05, 2012
- Toyota aims to sell 70,000 units of Etios models in 2011 - Dec 06, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki July sales drop 25.3 percent - Aug 01, 2011
- Mahindra eyeing African market for new SUV - Sep 29, 2011
- Mahindra to launch passenger cars on Gio platform - Jan 21, 2010
Tags: automobile manufacturer, bolero, businessmen, country markets, crore, models, new model, pick up truck, rs 50, senior vice president, senior vice president marketing, small cars, sports utility vehicle, technological features, vehicle brands, vice president marketing