Administration threatening us, say Noida farmersOctober 3rd, 2011 - 10:07 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Oct 3 (IANS) Farmers protesting here in Uttar Pradesh, adjoining the national capital, to get their ‘abadi’ or residential lands regularised unconditionally on an as-is-where-is basis Monday accused the administration of threatening them.
“Nobody is listening to us… The CEO (chief executive officer of Noida Authority) had himself given us a letter in writing on September 20 that they would return our 600 acres of land within a week. But that has not been done,” said Naresh Yadav, convener of the Sorkha Jahidabad Kisan Sangharsh Samiti.
“The administration instead of helping us, is threatening us… We don’t know where to go and whom to approach,” Yadav said.
“The farmers can agitate peacefully but we would not allow them to stop projects or to indulge in any violence. They can peacefully put forward their demands to the chairman of Noida Authority,” said Superintendent of Police (City) Anant Dev.
The farmers of 54 villages, whose lands have been notified between 1976 and 2011, have demanded five percent of the acquired land they were supposed to get. Besides, they have also asked the authorities to take back all cases registered against them.
- Noida officials, farmers agree to 90-day truce - Jul 30, 2011
- Noida farmers to stall building projects - Oct 03, 2011
- Noida farmers seek higher compensation, jobs - Aug 09, 2011
- Compensation rate raised for Greater Noida village - Aug 06, 2011
- Agitating Noida farmers assured demands will be met - Jul 25, 2011
- Greater Noida farmers oppose settlement deal - Aug 07, 2011
- Villagers demand toll tax waiver at Yamuna Expressway - Aug 16, 2012
- Noida, Greater Noida farmers and home buyers on war path (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Farmers protest as Yamuna Expressway opens - Aug 09, 2012
- Encroachers clash with police in Noida (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Politics over farmer's agitation, opposition slams Mayawati (Roundup) - May 09, 2011
- Greater Noida farmers now want Rs.11,500 per square metre - Jul 31, 2011
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Fourth Lead, correcting designation in para 4) - May 09, 2011
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Third Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Withdraw cases against Bhatta farmers: Rajnath to Akhilesh - May 08, 2012